Role: Software Development Manager
Location: Home based, travel to HQ - 4 times per-month
Salary: £60000 - £65000 + Benefits Package
A 'people-first culture' company that have expanded globally, invested in new technology and have grown significantly. As such, we are now looking for a Software Engineering Manager to manage business critical development teams.
The business are well known players in the retail space, with c 20k employees. That are undergoing significant technology investment.
This role isn't technical. It's all about people management and leadership skills. The role will lead 2 separate Software Development teams comprising of c 25 members that develop Business Systems.What might you want to know?
Duties and Responsibilities?
- 3 direct reports, with c 25 developers and DBA's in the function
- Hands off role, we're looking for a people leader that has come from a development background, but this will be far from cutting code
- Managing a mixed-stack team, one developing on legacy applications, the other focused on new AWS cloud technologies
- Role will manage Developers, Team Leads and DBA's
- Lead and ensure the team are working cohesively
- Responsible for leading the software development teams in building enterprise level solutions and influencing stability and quality
- Line management to a medium/large team through direct reports
- Deputise for the Head of Engineering
- Stakeholder engagement at a variety of level's
- Champion best practice through leadership and coaching
Role can be based remotely from anywhere in the UK, providing candidates are happy to travel occasionally to the HQ.
Newcastle, Coventry, Birmingham, Leeds, Manchester, Nottingham, Sheffield, Leicester, London.