Purchasing & Supply Chain Manager
We are looking to employ an ambitious Purchasing
focused Supply Chain Manager
with a passion for meticulously improving Supply Chain
functions across local & international suppliers. If you have experience in all areas of Purchasing, Supply Chain, Demand Planning
& Inventory Management,
then this is an excellent opportunity with bundles of scope, future prospects and autonomy to shape decisions.Location
Northamptonshire, Milton Keynes, Kettering, Market Harborough, Bedford(Circa £35k - £40k) + Basic Salary + PR Bonus + Pension & Benefits
What we are looking for....
The company is a specialist manufacturing and distribution arm of a large, independently owned engineering group, free to make autonomous business decisions to influence bottom line contribution for the group. Whilst experience level is a deciding factor, we are also open, to considering ambitious Procurement
& Supply Chain
professionals looking for a challenge where they can morph, grow into and develop their own remit.
In short, our ideal candidate will....
- Be qualified or working towards a formal procurement & supply chain qualification such as CIPS or
- Ideally 3 years working in a joint procurement & supply chain function, preferably within a manufacturing, distribution or even retail capacity.
- Experience handling a substantial number of suppliers internationally.
- Experienced in managing a high volume of SKU'S from a wide supplier base.
- Feel at home trading on commodity volume items, whilst also negotiating on more CAPEX related product where required.
- Have the gravitas to work with suppliers and benchmark supplier performance.
- Understand freight, logistics and the impact of inbound supply chain.
- Enjoy sourcing new suppliers globally.
- Build solid negotiation cases with suppliers.
- Work with all areas of the business.
- Excellent attention to detail and communicate clearly
- Excellent PC and analytical skills, particularly excel spread sheet as the role carries intrinsic analysis of data, parts supply and supplier performance.
- Positive character with a bright outlook and prepared to go the extra mile.
The company are fully prepared to support the successful applicant through continued professional development and genuine career advancement in line with performance.
To apply for the Purchasing & Supply Chain Manager
role please forward your CV to Glen Shepherd
, at Glen Callum Associates Ltd or call Glen
directly for a further chat on the job.JOB REF 3486GSGlen Callum Associatesare a leading international recruiter for all commercial and technical positions
. We have an impressive client base of market leading manufacturers and distributors and are dedicated in providing candidates with advice, support and assistance in their recruitment search.