A leading global manufacturing company based in Poole, Dorset are increasing their range based upon the success of current products and are currently seeking a high calibre Senior Design/Mechanical Engineer. The role will support and be number two to the Engineering Manager running parallel projects to tight timelines.
You will be degree qualified and have a minimum of 5 years hands on practical experience in a high specification manufacturing/ engineering environment.
As the Senior Design Engineer you will be diverse in your capabilities from establishing technical and regulatory requirement, through design and specification, and ultimately test and verification. You will work closely with Project Management, Sales, Service, Quality, Purchasing and Production teams to ensure a compliant product is realised in a timely manner.
The business environment demands that all products are designed and manufactured respecting rigorous adherence to environmental and regulatory requirements. Whilst remaining competitive in the market, the equipment must utilise the latest technology to benefit and protect the end users in a critical performance environment.Experience:
Experience of the following would be beneficial:
- You need to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Compile and interpret Technical Specification documents for internal and supplier usage based around regulatory and customer requirements.
- Awareness of project and technical risk identification and management techniques throughout project lifecycle. Communication of risks to the business.
- Confident in the design of components and assemblies, and selection and specification of proprietary components considering technical requirement and practical supply limitations. Familiar with design review and quality gate system for design signoff with stakeholders.
- Experienced CAD (Inventor, Solidworks, etc.) and assembly user with experience of product and system designs incorporating rotating assemblies, fluid handling, electro-mechanical components, electronic control systems, sheet metal design, injection moulding and casting.
- Some experience of control systems and logic control would be advantageous
- Fluid management, pumps, sealing, valves & associated system design
- Awareness and experience of using a PDM/PLM system for data management, and configuration control.
- Experience with Finite element analysis of isotropic materials, definition of boundary conditions and load-cases appropriate to the technical requirement and mitigation of identified risks. Validation of FEA may also be required.
- Must be confident in the generation of manufacturing and inspection drawings to BS8888. Understanding of the need and application of GD&T, and appropriate use of tolerances to minimise part costs whilst maintaining functional compliance.
- Generation of an accurate CAD BoM and support and maintenance of the company MRP BoM (Navision)
- Appreciation of the importance and practical application of Design for Manufacture (DfM) and demonstrable experience of working with manufacturers both internal and external.
- Design and execution of experiments, validation and verification activities to support concepts, simulation activities, and validate performance.
- Compile Reports to substantiate design and support future developments
- Familiar with the assessment of compliance against specification for both bought in and internally developed products and sub-systems.
- Good practical mechanical aptitude, fault finding, root cause assessment
- Good decision maker and excellent communicator
- Organised and able to plan and manage own time and workload
- Good analytical and Excel skills
- Recognise the importance of company quality systems and fully support these
- Enthusiastic approach and 'Can do' attitude.
- Computational fluid dynamics / mould flow simulation
- Product configuration management
- Knowledge of Navision or similar MRP software
- Commercial understanding
- Supply chain
Full driving licence an advantage and be able to undertake business travel as required.
If you have excellent communication and technical skills and are credible, enthusiastic and goal orientated this superb new opportunity as a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
is a great opportunity to spring board your career.
Please do apply for an introductory conversation about the role and applications will be reviewed from the 28th December for January interviews.