Android ios developer "mobile applications"Senior Mobile Applications Developer for a major SaaS/Cloud based communications solutions providerUp to £75k base plus benefitsBracknell
A brief description of the main purpose of the role
Mobile Application Developers integrate mobile applications into our cloud platform for end users. Specifically they develop applications for mobile phones and tablets to enhance and augment services provided and supported by us. From design, development, testing, deploying and maintaining up-to-date applications and services, they enable our business to deliver mission-critical communications solutions for customers via devices running on iOS and Android.WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
The key deliverables, critical for effective performance e.g. customer satisfaction, and a brief description of why it is important
- Functionality: development releases will introduce new functionality that meets or exceeds customer requirements.
- Bug Free: the jobholder should strive to provide development releases with a no defects, helping to reduce follow up support time and improve customer satisfaction.
- On-time: development releases deliver sometimes critical services/functionality to customers and so meeting deadlines/time commitments is highly important.
3-5 major areas of responsibility with a brief description of the expected activitiesDevelopment
Maintenance & improvement
- Understanding the client requirements and designing an appropriate solution
- Write code in appropriate languages and toolsets, principally targeting iOS and Android devices
- Design the architecture of new application components and APIs.
- Develop applications and features to meet customer/project requirements.
- Develop applications to certify on 3rd party marketplaces, e.g. iOS App Store, Google Play
- Use the approved methodology/process eg Agile.
- Thoroughly test new features or developments to make sure they perform the desired task correctly in all cases. Test sites / applications in different environments as necessary.
- Work with Quality Assurance teams/processes to validate builds ready for launch.
- The ability to learn quickly and keep up to date with relevant technologies.
- Ensure appropriate documentation/updates are provided to relevant colleagues/customers.
- Problem solve and fix bugs as discovered/reported.
- Perform ongoing maintenance or upgrade of the software as required, following internal change procedures at all times.
- Review colleagues' code and work as required prior to changes.
- Share ideas and work on projects for improving applications, process or the wider platform.
- Review projects/deployments and learn lessons to improve future performance.
- Design and pilot prototype applications where required.
- Stay up to date with trends and technological advancements in web development. Learn and test new technologies, frameworks and languages as relevant.