Learning Support Assistant - Autism and Complex Needs
We are looking for individuals who have an interest in working with children and young people who have Autism and associated disorders to work in a specialist school in Sunderland. All children have significant learning disabilities and complex needs, with abilities ranging from P Levels to lower National Curriculum levels. Some personal care will be required.
You will be working with a high-quality team, dedicated to creative, social and physical development for their students as well as academic process. You will be able to use your creative skills applied to different students to help bring out their individual skills and personalities.
What you need to apply:
- Experience working with children within the past 2 years (Voluntary welcome)
- An understanding of Autism and associated disorders is preferred
- Enhanced DBS on the update service (or willing to complete this)
- Enthusiastic attitude towards inspiring children
We are looking for Learning Support Assistants who are:
- Passionate about enabling every child to fulfil their potential
- Upbeat individuals who are able to build positive relationships
- Able to contribute to, and work as, part of a team
- Creative in their approach to children's learning
The Milk Difference:
We are an environmentally-friendly education supply agency providing quality talent to local schools across the North East. Milk Education brings a fresh approach with traditional values to the Education Recruitment Sector.
- Excellent rates of pay.
- Direct links to local schools.
- Free Lesson Plans.
- Training support sessions.
- Video technology that will increase your chances of long term placements.
- Dedicated Consultants who will cater for your employment needs with 24/7 availability.
- Commitment to quality and safeguarding.
- 24/7 support for interview and lesson observation preparation.
Applicants will be subject to variety of checks including: an enhanced DBS check, full references, including from your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
To apply for this role, please call Andy on at your earliest convenience or submit your application via the form below.