Charleston Recruitment is proud to be working with an independent firm of Chartered Accountants based in Derby,on their requirement for a Client Manager.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
• Oversee and manage clients' accounts, tax and value-added services assignments, to include monitoring progress against budget and established timeframe, review of work completed by junior team members and resolving all issues prior to partner review.
• Assist in the management of the overall team on a day to day basis.
• Manage a portfolio of clients including client take-on procedures to include the preparation of accounts and tax returns for companies, sole traders, partnerships and individuals.
• Act as a major point of contact within the firm for client requests/needs, keeping clients informed of progress in relation to all aspects of the service provided and maintaining regular contact with clients.
• Provision of general tax advice to clients.
• Develop, retain and motivate junior members of staff.
• Work as part of the management team on issues such as resources planning, staff retention, improving our tools and processes and efficiency gains.
• Keep up to date with all technical developments to ensure continued excellent services with the client.
What will you need to be successful in this role?
• ACCA/ACA qualified would be ideal although suitable experience qualified by experience would be highly considered.
• Strong Xero, Sage and QuickBooks experience.
• Good commercial acumen.
• Excellent time management and priority setting.
• An understanding of the pressures and importance of effective portfolio management.
• Ability to communicate well with clients and understand their requirements
What will you get in return?
• Competitive salary
• Own Portfolio of varied and interesting clients
• A fun and supportive working environment
• Extensive benefits package
• Management title and a team to manage
If you believe you have what it takes to be successful in this Client Manager role and you would like to be considered, please do apply directly and we will be in touch if short-listed.
If you're looking for a Client Manager role in Derby but felt this position wasn't the right fit, Charleston Recruitment is still able to assist you with your search.
Many accountants seeking new opportunities are unaware that although job titles can differ between practices, often the job specifications are similar. For example, if you see that we are advertising for a Semi Senior position in Derby we may also be recruiting for a Senior Accountant in Derby as well.
As a tip for your next search, we have seen an increase in the need for Audit Seniorsin Derby. If you possess this skillset, make sure you highlight it in your application. Our partner companies view it as a demonstration of strong technical knowledge.
Charleston Recruitment specialise in placing accountancy professionals in new positions. We can help you find the ideal Public Practice role that advances your career and keeps you on a trajectory towards meeting your professional goals.
If you have experience in Public Practice and would like to discover fresh career opportunities, please get in touch with us today.