Very rarely do the Harvey John tax team recruit for an in-house VAT position that's as well suited to a practice trained consultant as this one!
Based in North West London, you'll be joining a leading professional services team as their in-house VAT expert! Correct, you will not be working with a portfolio of clients. You will not have utilisation targets. But you will be working in a tax practice.So how does this work?
As this global tax team goes from strength to strength, we're looking for a CTA qualified VAT specialist to play a crucial in-house role in steering the ship.
Responsibility wise, you can expect to be collaborating mainly with three key departments of the business:
- Research & Development
- Account Management team
- Sales & Business Development team
In doing so, your role is the nucleus of this firm's global VAT offering and therefore it's essential you have a passion for teaching the ways of VAT, researching the latest legislation, and being the technical expert for complex projects.What will my day-to-day look like?
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, you'll have complete autonomy over:
- Developing technical training material and ongoing support to the global team of VAT consultants, sales team, and account management department
- The technical support and training you are providing is to ensure that the highest quality of client engagement and technical solutions are provided across the business at all times
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders (ie. authorities) on various tax issues
- You are technical nucleus of the team, so your advice will be needed on complex client engagements
- Everyday you'll be keeping up to date with changes to indirect legislation across multiple jurisdictions
- You'll research and develop internal technical content to be utilised by the firm in order to help consultants service new and existing clients.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a practiced trained VAT consultant to apply their experience and maturity from professional services by moving into a very unique in-house role.
Due to the nature of the role, it is essential that you are CTA qualified.
For more information, please contact Alex Mann at Harvey John.
Harvey John recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.