Registered Manager - Residential
You'll lead a team of residential staff providing high quality care to blind and partially sighted people that promotes independence, choice and dignity. You'll also be responsible for the operational day-to-day management of the service ensuring compliance with all legislative and organisational standards.
The role has overall line management responsibility for a team of approximately 20 staff. In addition, the Registered Manager has accountability under the Care Quality Commission registration.
Registered Manager - Residential Responsibilities:
- To ensure that the residential service continues to meet all legislative and organisational standards and good practice guidance through operational knowledge and effective quality management
- To assist the Operations & Development Manager to set, manage and monitor the annual budget, business planning and core indicators activity, reporting as necessary to senior management and trustees
- To solve problems that may be complex in nature including adult protection and staffing issues as well as providing action plans to resolve any issues raised through CQC, internal and external monitoring
- To be responsible for the recruitment, development, management and leadership of the staff team to ensure high levels of performance and employee engagement
- To provide specialist advice to staff and deal with all client queries, complaints and advocacy matters to ensure that effective service performance and quality are maintained
- To promote the service in line with marketing plans including undertaking visits and assessments to prospective new customers
- To develop and maintain effective and appropriate communications across a wide range of people using a variety of media
- To ensure the building and environment is maintained to a safe standard through the implementation of maintenance schedules and regular review with the properties team
Registered Manager - Residential Requirements:
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership in Health & Social Care & Children & Young People's Services or equivalent or equivalent.
- Have knowledge of relevant legislation, external regulatory requirements and good practice relating to residential care.
- Experience of working in a health and social care setting with people with different needs and levels of complexity.
- Experience of using Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook for business communications and to manage team activities.
- Experience of budget management.
- Must be prepared to travel and attend meetings and training as required which will involve occasional overnight stays.
- People management skills/ team working skills.
- Ability to manage a team of staff including recruitment, induction, supervision, appraisal, setting objectives, developing and motivating staff.
- Ability to effectively and confidently conduct employee relation issues such as disciplinaries, grievances, performance management.
- Experience of working with people who have sight problems, hearing impaired or dual sensory loss.
Appointment is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services Check for regulated activity.
About RNIB Royal National Institute of Blind People:
We're the Royal National Institute of Blind People (RNIB) and we're here for everyone affected by sight loss. Working for us means working for one of the UK's biggest charities, supporting almost two million people living with sight loss in the UK.
RNIB is committed to being led by our customers (blind and partially sighted people), and one of the ways we do this is through active involvement and engagement in many of our work activities, including the recruitment of new members of staff.
Please be aware that blind and partially sighted volunteers may be involved in the recruitment and selection process for this vacancy; including reviewing job applications and CV's, shortlisting and interviews and selection tests.
RNIB is committed to being an Equal Opportunities organisation and we welcome applications from people with sight loss.
Type of Contract: Permanent
Salary: £31,441 per annum
Hours: 36 hours per week
You may have experience of the following: Registered Manager, Service Manager, Care Manager, Care Home Manager, Home Manager, Residential Home Manager, Charity, Third Sector, NFP, etc.