We are currently recruiting for a QA Supervisor (Mon-Fri PM shift) within our Technical department based at our Walker & Son site in Leicester.
Walker & Son is part of the Samworth Brothers Group, a 4th generation family business that prides itself on looking after its people and producing high quality products. We are always looking for outstanding people, with great attitudes and an openness to learning to join our family. The size of our business enables us to support career development and progression that will help our people fulfil their potential.
To drive the CI culture, with Lean six sigma methodology, throughout the business to bring about sustained improvement within our processes whilst building people engagement. The processes and areas of work to be aligned with our internal and external customer's needs.
You will be required to manage the frontline Quality Team ensuring that the technical policies and procedures are correctly implemented and that standards of food safety, quality and legality are maintained.
* Ensure the maintenance and auditing of systems and procedures is completed.
* Continually develop the quality auditing team.
* Manage the QA team efficiently, developing and motivating staff.
* Report to the Quality Manager any issues that cannot be resolved at an appropriate level.
* Set and maintain GMP and Factory Standards, driving the best bakery standards across all functions.
* Conduct Internal Audits across all areas.
* Conduct CCP Audits at all relevant locations.
* Oversee and manage the Auto Coding system and its set up.
* Support the investigation into Mass Balance compliance to ensure that variance is within tolerance.
* Carrying out testing schedules against customer codes of practice (Speciation, Shelf life, allergens. Microbiology, etc)
* Support the continued development of the Quality Management System, working closely with the Quality Manager and other members of the Technical team.
* Investigate and resolve any quality issues on raw materials, work in progress and finished goods and ensure that any required corrective actions are implemented and that incidents are correctly documented.
* Ensuring that the HACCP system is fully implemented across the Bakery and that there is a positive quality culture within the business through emphasis on the food safety, quality and legality performance.
* Ensure that key procedures such as allergen control, vegetarian controls and species segregation and correctly implemented and monitored for compliance.
* To communicate across the Bakery Team regarding any quality and food safety related issues.
* To assist Quality Manager in setting and attaining the food safety, legality, hygiene and quality standard for the site.
* Monitoring and usage of site Technical KPIs to ensure that trends are monitored appropriate corrective actions are implemented to ensure KPI targets are achieved.
* To ensure that the requirements stated in our Health & Safety Policy are communicated and implemented fully within specified areas of control.
* To support the Quality Manager and Technical Team during third party audits and to be the lead for the traceability exercise.
* To support complaint investigations and implement any necessary corrective actions.
The Right Person
You will be someone who is self-motivated and focussed on the customer. You will demonstrate initiative and ownership. You value others and their contribution and enjoy working collaboratively with colleagues. You will be flexible and adaptable to change. In addition, you will have the following skills:
* Experience in a QA role ideally in a Food/FMCG environment.
* Good decision making.
* People Management & Interpersonal skills
* A self-starter able to use of own initiative with a pro-active approach
* Problem Solving skills and Focussed on achieving results
* Experience of high risk chilled products
* Knowledge of quality management systems including quality culture
* Minimum HND in a food related subject.
* Level 3 HACCP and or Food Safety
What We Have To Offer
We provide a terrific range of benefits including great facilities with onsite parking and subsidised restaurants, as well as an excellent retirement savings plan (pension), private health cover (subject to terms and conditions) and a discount scheme 'Quality Life' that provides savings at supermarkets, high street retailers and a host of leisure outlets