**PERM OPPORTUNITY**Do you have experience teaching Maths and English?Do you have experience working with SEN students?Combined English and Maths GCSE Teacher
- Location- Kent
- Immediate Start- DBS Required
- Monday to Friday- 9-5pm
- Salary- £24,000-£30,000
- Working with and supporting vulnerable and disadvantaged 16-25 year olds
- Applicants must have experience EHC plans and a variety of SEN needs
Due to the college's continued success they are now expanding and looking for the right person to join them as a combined Functional Skills and GCSE English and Maths teacher.Qualifications and Skills:
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Candidates will ideally have Qualified Teacher Status but must have a minimum Level 3 teaching qualification, or currently be studying for one.
- Be able to teach NCFE Functional Skills and GCSE English and Maths.
- Candidates must have a minimum of GCSE English and Maths themselves.
- Previous experience of working with SEN students.
- Have a strong desire to help and inspire disadvantaged young people with complex social and emotional needs to reach their full potential.
- Be able to provide fun and engaging learning sessions.
- Be creative, enthusiastic and resourceful.
- Have a great sense of humour, endless patience and the ability to engage with young people on their level.
- Be able to coach, develop and mentor students with the ability to manage difficult situations calmly.
- Must have a driving licence and own car
Answering to the Teaching Learning and Assessment Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Effective planning, delivery and marking of students work, ensuring high standards of teaching and continuity.
- Teaching small group NCFE Functional Skills and GCSE English and Maths.
- Liaising with the EHCP team to fully understand the learning requirements of each learner.
- Working within NCFE guidelines for paper and online assessments and Internal Quality Assurance.
- Effective recording of student progress and achieving all academic deadlines.
- Implementing SEN teaching best practices to support our learners.
- Engaging with students who are falling behind and instigating support to make progress and arranging intervention programs where necessary.
- Communicating positive behaviour and achievement correspondence to parents/guardians or carers. All applicants will have their CVs reviewed.
You will then be asked to fill out an application form and a DBS is required.
If you are interested in this role or would like to know more, please contact me asap on or email me at .