TEACHER - SPECIAL EDUCATION NEEDS The School:The school provides support for children with Profound Multiple Learning Difficulties - PMLD, Autism and other Learning Disabilities.
The school provides a safe learning environment for children with severe and complex learning, social and communication difficulties, which may include physical disability.
The school also provides therapies such as occupational therapy, physiotherapy, music, speech and language therapies where these are part of a young person's Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP). The team works closely with therapists to ensure the physical and emotional support of the children.
The school has excellent facilities and on-site equipment including a therapy pool, sensory rooms and uses I-Gaze technology. There is excellent on-site training and support.The Children:
Children in the school have disabilities that include Autism, Severe Learning Difficulties and Physical disabilities, and are in various groups:
- Children from ages 3 - 5 in the early years category
- Children from ages 5 - 11 who are generally more independent
- Children also in the age range from 5 - 11 but who have greater needs, may have physical impairments, be non-verbal and require some personal care
The role requires the Teacher to have the following:
The Red Tape:
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Experience of teaching or working with pupils with severe or profound learning difficulties or autism
- Experience and understanding of practice and principles for Safeguarding children within an educational setting
- Knowledge and understanding of SEN provision in a mainstream or special school setting
- The statutory requirements of legislation concerning Equality and the implications in a Special School
- Approachable, hardworking, committed, flexible/adaptable, enthusiastic, empathetic, well organised, patient, and resourceful qualities
- A sense of humour
- Ability to set and maintain high professional standards
- Ability to work independently
- You need to be eligible to work in the UK
- Have your National Insurance number
- Provide recent and relevant references
- Have a valid DBS/police check - if you do not possess a current DBS you will need to apply and we will guide you with the process