Accounts Payable Assistant - NewcastleRole Purpose
This role is responsible for supporting the day to day operation of the purchase ledger function. This involves invoice processing on the financial system, ensuring accurate authorisation and payment in accordance with financial policies, resolving supplier queries and ensuring the ledgers are up to date.Key responsibilities
Background and Experience
- Daily processing of around 100 invoices per week received
- Working as part of the Accounts Payable team to ensure timely payment of all supplier invoices
- Key point of contact for all internal and external clients in relation to purchase invoices, queries and payments
- Work as part of the Finance team, supporting colleagues where necessary
- Is an ambassador for the team and the company both internally and externally
Key skills and competencies
- Background in accounts payable preferred or processing large volumes of data
- Experience working in a busy office, handling multiple queries, prioritising and delivering to agreed deadlines
- A self-motivated individual who naturally strives to be the best
Measures of success and key stakeholders
- This role involves having the following key skills and competencies, namely:
- Strong attention to detail with excellent numerical accuracy.
- Constantly looks at improving processes and tasks
- Able to effectively multi-task and take responsibility for organising their own time
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills
- Diligent individual who can 'think' and 'do' and is happy to work at the required level of detail
- Team player who is able to work on own initiative
- Proficient level of IT literacy - to include MS Office packages
- Great initiative and a really hands-on attitude - able to see issues as they arise and respond/escalate as needed
Working at InstantAbout The Instant Group
- The main KPI for this role will be the timely processing and payment of supplier invoices.
- The key stakeholders will be the finance team (specifically the Finance Manager and Management Accountants).
The Instant Group is a workspace innovation company that rethinks workspace on behalf of its clients. Instant help their clients to move their business forward by providing insight on the real estate market and creating and delivering bespoke workspace solutions. Instant put their customers' business at the heart of the workspace solution and specialise in injecting agility and flexibility into solutions, reducing cost and driving enterprise performance. Instant delivers solutions for FTSE 100, Fortune 500, and SME clients. Instant has offices all over the world and clients in more than 150 countries and is a market leader in flexible workspace. Its listings' platform Instant Offices hosts more than 15,000 flexible workspace centres across the world and is the only site of its kind to represent the global market,
In 2019 Instant acquired Incendium Consulting Ltd, an independent corporate real estate consultancy that provides large real estate services procurement, consulting, talent and change management programmes to blue-chip clients. Together, Instant and Incendium give clients access to independent market-leading consultancy, world class data and delivery options that transform their approach to workplace in what is a truly distinct offer in the market.A business is only as good as its people
It's not all noses to the grind-stone though; this is a dynamic place to work, where colleagues solve challenges and grasp opportunities together and support one another. With a common purpose that glues the organisation together, everyone is pulling in the same direction with a truly client centric focus. We are proud of our differentiated client approach and our exceptional people. We are committed to offering a great place to build a career.
To support our ambitious growth plans, we want to attract and develop the best people - resourceful, committed individuals with relevant experience and a client-centric mindset.The Details
We pay market salaries and the right person will be offered a package according to their experience. You will be based in our Newcastle Office which is located in Hoult's Yard, a modern office and studio complex situated in the Ouseburn. The business village is conveniently located 10 mins drive from the city centre and boasts a great range of independent cafes, restaurants and tap houses. Highlights onsite include the chocolate patisserie, donut café, brewery, miniature golf and weekly visits from local street vendors. There is also parking available onsite and in the surrounding areas. Our office has been recently renovated and is a bright and vibrant space to collaborate with our friendly and welcoming Newcastle Team.