- An ideal opportunity for a dynamic and progressive individual to join a company with significant but realistic growth plans, and develop with the company as part of the senior team. An ideal opportunity for the right individual to significantly progress their career within a relatively short period of time.
- The Group has been growing rapidly over the last few years, delivering work in the construction sector.
- Turnover for 2020 was forecast at £14m, but the business was set back by Covid related site closures and difficulties. Prospects for 2021 are healthy, and the Group is looking to get back to its rapid growth plans.
- Financial systems and reporting have been significantly enhanced in the last 12/18 months, but there are still some improvements required. The main purpose of the role initially will be to:
o Take over the workload and reporting from the incumbent part-time FC:
- Management accounts for all companies
- Group management charges
- Oversee all tax matters including R&D claim
- Cash-flow reporting
- Management of small team
- Attend Board and Commercial meetings
o Work towards implementation of a slicker, and electronic timesheet solution, and in doing so solve reconciliation issue between cost ledger and general ledger.
o Assist in driving ownership of profitability into the Operational team.
o Help embed budgetary ownership and responsibility within the business.
o Ensure Finance supports the business as it grows.
- The ideal candidate will relish the opportunity to take over the day to day responsibilities of the Finance department.
- It should be noted that the role reports to the Managing Director on a daily basis, but the Group and role, is supported by a consultant Group Finance Director on site one day a month.
- Ideally Qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with minimum 2-3 years post qualification experience.
- A self-starter.
- Practical approach to working with and supporting the Managing Director and other members of the senior team. Takes problems and finds solutions.
- A relentless drive to improve core systems and reporting until they reach the high standards desired to give the platform for the future growth.
- Sees supporting and developing the team as core to management style.