Luton - Finance Director. Our client is an established privately owned manufacturer and supplier of niche production for the retail and manufacturing sectors in the UK and internationally. With production facilities in 6 locations worldwide and an international customer base, the company has a global turnover of around £16m across its group structure. A leader in its field, the company has always been innovative, profitable and self-funded.
Due to the retirement of its Finance Director, an excellent opportunity has arisen for an impressive experienced qualified Accountant to join the Senior Management Team and contribute to the next phase of growth and development in the business. Initially as Group FD Designate, you will transition to Group Finance Director in the near term with the possibility of equity in the medium term.
As part of the Senior Management Team, key responsibilities will include:
- Managing the global finance function (3 staff in the UK and 12 overseas)
- Ensure provision of quality management information and KPIs on a monthly basis
- Provide strategic input within the senior management team to aid key decision making
- Monitoring working capital, cash flow, profitability and capital employed
- Managing the group budgeting process, constantly monitoring group performance
- Managing risk across the business, ensuring compliance with local tax and regulatory policy
- Constant review and updating of systems and controls across the group
- Oversee HR, payroll, facilities, H&S, legal and company secretarial issues
- Involvement in ad hoc issues including fund-raising when necessary for M&A activity
Reporting directly to the MD and Chairman, this Finance Director role will suit an experienced and accomplished qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, ACMA, CIMA), preferably with relevant experience in manufacturing, production or wholesale supply. You will have excellent communication skills with a proven ability to work with financial and non-financial colleagues at all levels within a business. You will have a strong focus on systems, processes and controls and advanced capability to analyse financial and business data to aid decision making.
Ideally you will live in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire or North London with easy access to Luton. This is a long term Finance Director opportunity to contribute to the next phase of growth in a successful established business.