Solidworks Design Engineer - ChesterOpportunity:
This is a brand new opportunity that has been created due to expansion. Are you currently working as a Solidworks Design Engineer? Have you seen the design through to manufacture? Do you have experience in the sheet metal industry? Looking for your next career move? If yes then this is the role for you.
Your role as a Solidworks Design Engineer based in Chester will involve:
- Carrying out the design process and development for both new and existing products using Solidworks.
- Supervising and overseeing the designs through the factory, ensuring accuracy and quality.
- Preparing bills of materials for the manufacture of the designs and assemblies, including documenting of all the part numbers and drawing references.
- Liaising with the shop floor supervisors to point out potential quality issues through production.
- Creating reports for potential pitfalls within the production process.
- Interpreting customer ideas and preparing drawings and 3D models for manufacture, including all dimensions tolerances, finishes and notes.
This is a full time permanent role with a great salary paying between £25,000 - £30,000 per annum and excellent benefits including Life insurance, Pension, and 25 days holiday plus bank holidays on top and much more.Skills:
To apply for the role of Solidworks Design Engineer you will have:
How to Apply:
- Minimum Mechanical HNC/HND qualification or similar.
- Experience in the sheet metal, metal fabrication and steel work sector and have a good understanding of the manufacturing process.
- Experience with creating bills of materials.
- Knowledge of 2D drawings and working to ISO 9001 standards.
- Experience in LV/MV switchgear would also be a distinct advantage.
If this sounds like the role for you or a colleague then please don't hesitate to contact us. If we manage to successfully fill a permanent placement from your recommendation then we will send you a cheque of £300. We also have many incentive schemes for referring contractors/temp staff so please contact us with the referral and we can provide you with more information.
For a list of our current vacancies, please visit www.qualitystart.co.uk
If you do not hear from Quality Start within 2 weeks your CV has not been short listed for this role.
Quality Start are acting as a specialist recruitment consultancy for this role.