About the opportunity... Grab your basket there's a lot more in store for you
We are recruiting for an Assistant Store Manager who is used to delivering against ambitious KPIs in a challenging retail environment. You will naturally support the Store Manager in leading the store team to deliver excellent store standards and provide amazing service to our customers every day.
You'll always be ready to adapt to change, learn new things and get your team excited to execute the retail plan. You'll be the face of the store and your local community and despite the many tasks you're responsible for every day, you'll never be too busy for our customers. What you'll be doing as an Assistant Store Manager...
What you'll need as an Assistant Store Manager...
- Lead, support and motivate the store team alongside the Store Manager to hit performance targets
- Use your organisational and planning skills to support with the management of the stores people related activities, i.e. training, induction, recruitment and people management
- Drive sales of your key lines by effective merchandising and using your understanding of the local competitors.
- Treat every pound as your own, keeping costs low so we can create amazing value for our customers which underpins and brings to life one our values
What we offer...
- Assistant Store Management or Supervisor experience
- People management exposure
- Good commercial awareness to able to manage stores costs
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills with customers and colleagues
- A team player, hands on manager who is self-motivated and resilient, and deals with challenges with a positive and proactive outlook
- Competitive salary
- Potential to earn uncapped bonus
- An 8-week induction programme.
- Continuous Learning and Development opportunities
- Career Progression.
- My Staff shop Discounts
- Long Service Awards
- Life assurance
Since opening its first store in Burton-upon-Trent in 1990, Poundland, has built a network of over 850 stores in the UK and the Republic of Ireland, offering top brands and great quality own brand products that provide customers with amazing value every day.
Poundland offers thousands of quality products in store with over 1,000 well-known brands in 17 shopping categories including food and drink, health and beauty, household, gardening, DIY, pet, stationery, books, DVDs and toys. It is on a journey from a single price to a simple price point retailer. While the majority of items in its stores are at its original £1 price point, it is extending ranges above and below £1 that also offer amazing value.
Now part of Pepco Group with over 2,500 stores across Europe, Poundland also trades internationally in the Republic of Ireland through its Dealz brand. Dealz has a growing store base in both Poland and Spain.
Within the UK Poundland has also rolled out its fashion brand PEP&CO to approximately 300 of its larger stores. PEP&CO, launched in 2015 as a standalone brand, offers customers a full range of women's, men's and kids' fashion and is now bringing new style to Poundland with simple low pricing on family fashion that's hard to find on local high streets.
PEP&CO was also nominated in the 2019 Retail Week Awards as Private Label of The Year.Sounds like you? apply today!