Research and Evidence ManagerPermanent 36 Hours£46,914 - £55,193 per annum plus benefitsLocation: 23 Portland Place. Currently home based due to Covid 19 Lockdown measuresAbout us
Our vision is safe, effective and kind nursing and midwifery that improves everyone's health and wellbeing. As the professional regulator of more than 710,000+ nursing and midwifery professionals, we have an important role to play in making this a reality.
Our core role is to regulate
. First, we promote high professional standards for nurses and midwives across the UK, and nursing associates in England. Second, we maintain the register of professionals eligible to practise. Third, we investigate when nursing or midwifery care goes wrong - something that affects less than one percent of professionals each year.
To regulate well, we support
our professions and the public. We create resources and guidance that are useful throughout people's careers, helping them to deliver our standards in practice and address new challenges. We also support people involved in our investigations, and we're increasing our visibility so people feel engaged and empowered to shape our work.
Regulating and supporting our professions allows us to influence
health and social care. We share intelligence from our regulatory activities and work with our partners to support workforce planning and sector-wide decision making. We use our voice to speak up for a healthy and inclusive working environment for our professions.
The NMC is an exciting organisation with the ambition to be the leading healthcare regulator. To achieve this, we are working in an agile way that offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds. We are committed to being an inclusive employer.
Working life doesn't always have to be 'nine to five' and we support flexible and agile working wherever we can. No promises, but please chat to our resource team about the flexibility we could offer for this role.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy, maternity, disability, or gender identity.
We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under represented within our teams, including applicants who identify as Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME). About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Research Manager to join our Policy and Research team, reporting to our Head of Research and Evidence.
The Research and Evidence Manager will use their established leadership and project management skills to oversee the delivery of a number of projects and work programmes that support our strategic aims. The post holder will work collaboratively with colleagues across the organisation and externally to shape and deliver a programme of research and analysis that addresses the knowledge needs underpinning the NMC's strategic imperatives.About youEssential Skills and Experience
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Thorough understanding of the range of approaches and methods in research, their benefits and limitations and appropriateness for different tasks.
- Strong project management skills, with experience leading on research projects from conception to output, quality assuring outputs and ensuring they are on time and within budget.
- Experience of leading the design, commissioning, and management of in house and out-sourced research projects.
- Proven ability to plan and manage the workload of a team and to manage competing priorities.
Why work for the NMC?
- A proven ability to work and lead delivery at pace and to manage content from multiple sources, quality assessing and synthesising across them to draw out insight
- High quality verbal and written communication skills - with both specialist and non-specialist audiences
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience of establishing credibility, and building and maintaining networks, with internal and external stakeholders at different levels of seniority
- A track record in engaging and enlisting the support of stakeholders (internal and external) throughout the design and delivery of relevant research to ensure that it meets their critical requirements and receives broad based support
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. We aim to recruit the right people in the right places and we value the contribution they make to the success of our organisation. In return, we offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. To find out further information, please look at our benefits page.To apply
For more information about the role please read the job description and the person specification.
Please click on the apply button at the top or bottom of this advert, where you will be taken through our application process, where you will be asked to submit your experience in line with the essential criteria detailed in our person specification.Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
For any application related queries please contact Closing date for completed applications: 19th January 2021Interview Date: 2-3rd February 2021
Please note that the advertised dates for interview may change due to the current covid-19 situation. If they do, we will let you know as soon as possible.
Interviews will be held on a virtual basis and this will include a video interview, and