DB Charles have partnered with an incredibly successful business based in Shildon, Durham, with various sites throughout the UK, that are currently seeking to hire a new permanent member of staff as an Assistant Accountant.
The business are a well known global brand within manufacturing & distribution and are looking to attract a new candidate to begin working with the business as soon as possible.
The role as Assistant Accountant, will report into the site based Finance Director and sit amongst 6 other members of staff in the department.
The role holds a variety of duties and responsibilities including but not limited to:
- General accounting support
- Monthly management accounts
- Process controls
- VAT returns
- Accruals & prepayments
- Variance analysis
- Query handling
- Process analysis and improvement
Ideally the client is looking for CV's and to interview candidates with the following skill sets:
- Extensive experience working as an Accounts Assistant / Assistant Accountant or within a role covering the above responsibilities
- Ideally AAT qualified or undertaking these qualifications
- Strong system skills, preferably with ERP systems such as Hyperion & Epicor
- Intermediate to advanced MS Excel skills
- Strong time management skills
- Excellent ability to multi task
- Pressure handling skills
- Ability to commit to a permanent role based in Shildon, Durham
The role will be working Monday to Friday and can offer hours of either 8:00am to 4:30pm or 8:30am to 5:00pm and depending on experience, the client is looking to offer a very competitive market rate, plus additional benefits on offer such as:
- x22 days holiday allowance plus bank holidays on top
- Free parking on-site
- Excellent pension scheme
- Plus many others
If you feel this is a strong fit to your skill set, please apply and DB Charles Recruitment looks forward to receiving your CV and details.