Job Title: Healthcare Support Worker (Band 3)
Full and Part time posts to allow for expansion of the service
Adults with Complex and Exceptional Needs Service
Patients home / school / day centres / respite facilities across Lothian
We are now welcoming applications for the role of Healthcare Support Workers with the NHS Lothian Complex Care service, a community based service that provides care to adults with exceptional and complex health and physical needs. The post holder will work in a lone worker capacity to provide 1:1 care and support to patients predominantly in a domiciliary and other community settings. Patient needs are varied and can include; invasive/non-invasive ventilation, airway management, enteral feeding, complex and unique epilepsy and diabetes management.
The post holder will be working predominantly nightshift but is expected to rotate to dayshift as required.
- The post holder will have a SVQ Level 3 or equivalent qualification in healthcare or a related subject
- Experience in caring for patients with complex healthcare needs, preferably in the home setting, would be an advantage.
- A knowledge of NHS environment and current policies affecting the health of the population.
- Well developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Dependable, caring and adaptable personality
- Evidence of team working skills with ability to work using own initiative.
- Time management skills/ability to prioritise workload.
- Ability to recognise own development needs to undertake role.
- General information technology skills, including use of the computer to record and retrieve clinical information.
Driving license desirable but not essential.
Our aim is to provide high quality, consistent and continuous care and support enabling the patient to live in their own homes and as normal a life as possible. The team works in partnership with patients, families, Social Work, Education and respite facilities providing up to 24 hour, 7 days a week care through packages of care that are tailored to the individuals needs.
NHS Lothian is committed to encouraging equality and diversity among our workforce, and eliminating unlawful discrimination. The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best.
To this end, NHS Lothian welcomes applications from all sections of society.
***PLEASE NOTE: We cannot accept late applications so please ensure your application is submitted early***
**Please note: we anticipate a high level of interest in this position and may close the vacancy early once a sufficient amount of applications are received. Therefore, please make sure you complete and submit your application at an early stage**
This post requires the post holder to have a PVG Scheme membership/ record. If the post holder is not a current PVG member for the required regulatory group (i.e. child and/or adult) then an application will need to be made to Disclosure Scotland and deemed satisfactory before they can begin in post.
For further information on what is included in the role and what skills/experience are being looked for, click on the links at the bottom of the screen to the job description and person specification. If after reading this information you have any questions please contact Angela Lees, Team Manager.