Based in Surrey we have an opportunity for a Senior Electronics Design Engineer to work at a forward-thinking High Technology Engineering company. We are looking for an experienced electronic engineer to help develop new product architecture and electronics design for electric vehicle systems involving embedded systems, sensors and control.
The company is involved with the design and manufacture of electric drivetrain / powertrain systems for the automotive electric vehicle marketplace.
This is a new opportunity for an experienced and proven electronics design engineer to join an expanding technology company.
Senior electronics engineer
* A good all-rounder with experience of both analogue and digital electronics design
* Experience of sensor and control technologies would be very useful
* Solid experience of designing electronics with robust operational architecture (considerations for isolation boundaries, power supply etc)
* Experience of high-volume electronics design considerations or high reliability design would be very useful
* Knowledge of automotive design processes would be preferred (ideally experience of designing hardware within ISO26262)
* Experience of sensor and control based hardware would be an added benefit.
Skills / Knowledge
* A degree, higher degree or equivalent experience gained within electronics engineering
* Significant electronics product design and development experience (taking products into manufacture - full product lifecycle)
* Strong analogue and digital electronics design knowledge applied within automotive projects, ideally within ISO26262 guidelines
* Experience of embedded microprocessor / microcontroller interfacing
* Knowledge of sensors (e.g. Temperature, hall effect, current measurement or voltage sensing)
* Knowledge of high-volume electronics manufacturing
* The ability to mentor junior engineers would be useful