Doctor Functional Assessor for Employment & Support Allowance (ESA)
Experience: 2 years following FY1 Pay: £72,000
On behalf of the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), Stonebranch Healthcare is looking to recruit Doctors for Doctor Functional Assessor role.
Doctor Functional Assessor role is currently carried our as telephone assessments only for the foreseeable future due to COVID-19; Delayed start dates of up to 6 months offered.
Doctor Functional Assessor Requirements:
* Valid full GMC registration
* A minimum of two years' experience post FY1
* No previous assessor experience required as full, paid training is provided over 6 months at the beginning of your employment prior to commencing assessments
Doctor Functional Assessor role (face-to-face elements suspended for the foreseeable future):
* Annual salary of £72,000
* Shifts are Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm (office hours), with Bank Holidays off as standard
* Comprehensive induction with full-time training during the initial 6 months of employment
* Additional ongoing on-the-job support.
* The role is a mix of paper-based evidence review and conducting impartial, holistic face-to-face medical interviews and assessments
* Compiling a report, which is then dispatched for review and decision as to eligibility by the DWP
* Work as a part of a multi-disciplinary team in one of 150 offices nationwide
Doctor Functional Assessor Benefits:
* 25 days annual leave, with the option to buy and sell additional days
* Private medical insurance, dental insurance
* Medical indemnity insurance
* Life insurance, travel insurance
* Pension scheme
* Critical Illness Cover
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Cycle to work scheme, season ticket loan
* Reimbursement of your annual GMC registration fee and revalidation support
* Quality career development with the opportunity to study a Master's Degree in Occupation Health after a qualifying period
* Formal accreditation as Functional Assessor
Stonebranch Healthcare - recruitment for healthcare professionals by healthcare professionals. Led by a team of experienced doctors and nurses, we specialise in providing disability assessment services. Offering unparalleled support throughout the application process, including 24/7 availability and intensive one-on-one interview preparation, meaning an enviable placement success rate and a 100% feedback rating. As healthcare professionals we understand the challenges presented by the current healthcare sector, allowing us to provide detailed and honest insight into the role as a colleague.
Don't hesitate to get in touch if you'd like to know more about the role of Disability Assessor, Functional Analyst, Disability Analyst