We're looking for a Games Programmer to join Silent Games, a Double A game development studio based in Newcastle-upon-Tyne with a focus on RPG games that give players a sense of autonomy, mastery and purpose. As a Games Programmer you'll be one of a small team of Programmers to implement the core gameplay and feature set of the Game (3rd Person Action RPG). You'll work closely with the Animation team to implement the 3C's (Character, Camera & Controls) and Combat and/or work with the Game Designer to implement the Games various Features (these will include everything from RPG Systems to Asynchronous Multiplayer).
* Writing clear, professional, and maintainable code and blueprints
* Working with other programmers to create modular/flexible frameworks and architecture
* Working closely with designers to provide tools and mechanics to help them achieve their goals.
* Proactively problem-solve performance and stability issues where necessary
* Troubleshoot issues and create suitable solutions
* Perform code reviews with the team to ensure code quality
* Ability to work effectively with other disciplines such as Animation and Game Design
* Experience with Unreal Engine 4
* Understand game development pipelines from early concept to launch
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Experience creating 3Cs for 3rd Person Games
* Experience creating dynamic action Combat that provides a large toolset for the Player
* Experience with RPG Systems such as generated loot and Character Stats
* Desire to work on RPG games with asynchronous multiplayer