Learning Support Assistant - Wisbech
This is an opportunity for a compassionate and caring individual looking for a rewarding new role to work at a Special Educational Needs school.
Change Education are working on behalf of a 'good' rated Special school in Wisbech, with places for pupils aged 11 to 18 with behavioural, emotional and social difficulties who are seeking an experienced and dedicated Learning Support Assistant to join their school.
* Support vulnerable young people aged 11 - 18 years, helping to raise their emotional wellbeing and their aspirations to learn.
* Implement strategies to support pupils with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties, developing an understanding of their Special Educational Needs.
* Work as part of a team to manage behaviour positively and in line with each pupil's Behaviour Support Plan.
* Provide specific support, dependent upon their individual needs, ensuring their safety whilst supporting access to learning activities.
* To deliver small sections of the learning programme to individual pupils, as directed by the teaching staff.
* To supervise and support pupils during break and lunch times, encouraging them to interact with others in a positive manner; promoting their own self esteem.
* Create and maintain a purposeful and supportive environment for pupils.
* Maintain and keep accurate records as required.
* Prepare materials, displays and resources as directed.
* Work collaboratively with other staff as a colleague in a team.
* Undertake training as agreed with the Line Manager.
Why work with Change Education:
* We are the only education agency based in south Lincolnshire meaning we are best placed to offer advice and guidance and introduce you to local schools.
* We work with many of the secondary schools across south Lincolnshire and work on many exclusive and confidential roles.
* We take the time to get to know you, understand your skills, experience and personality and then find supply work in schools which are a great fit! Doesn't that sound much better then how traditional agencies work!
* Registering with us could not be more straightforward.
* Our team is made up of industry experts with a wealth of experience meaning your career could not be in better hands.
* One point of contact with a consultant who is a specialist within the SEN sector and your area ensuring a bespoke, personalised and consultative service.
Apply today with your CV