Customs Manager for respected consumer goods organisation, £50 - 60,000, great flexible benefits, Woking
Our Client is looking for a Customs Manager with extensive knowledge of UK Customs/Trade facilitation and regulatory requirements. Someone who can lead an experienced team and be a key partner both internally and externally with government officials and officers.
You will be responsible for facilitating all Customs issues, ensuring accuracy and compliance for all UK regulatory authorities with a best practice approach.
Key focus on implementation and project roll out for a variety of HMRC initiatives to ensure our client is fully aligned to new practices.
* Detailed record keeping and updating relevant notices/amendments including processes and amendments / updates within the business and internal systems covering all entities and markets (post Brexit).
* Ensure the business remains AEO (or post Brexit UK equivalent) in the UK and return on investment
* Self-Assessment project with HM Customs and implementation, driving forward for a significant yearly cost.
* Identifying areas / product "duty paid" where preference might be applicable and challenging factories / HQ.
* Reviewing of explanatory notes and official journal as required.
* Maintaining and building good relationships with HM Customs (local customs office), AEO central site and return on investment Customs authorities.
* Assisting with product classification, working closely with all divisions, European subsidiaries and HQ for correct product classification / duty rates.
* BTI application processes and technical specifications to support opinion on product classification.
* Ensuring compliance across all entities and markets in which business operates.
* Reporting to senior management weekly / monthly import statistics.
* Highlighting to senior management current customs issues along with advice / guidance.
* Work with the Head of Government Relations, to ensure that the businesses trade interests are accurately presented in lobbying activities
* Maintenance, support and enforcement of appropriate export control policies and procedures
* Management of the customs team.
In return our client offers an attractive package, flexible benefits and the opportunity to learn and grow within a recognised and respected organisation
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.