1st Line Service Analyst
About the Role
6 Month FTC
Reporting to the Service Desk Manager (SDM), the 1st line Service Analyst is responsible for supporting Royds Withy King's 500+ customers with high quality support. You will be responsible for dealing with and resolving all assigned incidents, service requests, change and problem tickets logged via the Service Desk Management solution. Ensuring that resolutions are maintained within SLA, plus inclusion in the rota to cover core office hours.
The post holder will combine their technical and interpersonal skills to undertake the resolution of assigned tickets. Providing a positive customer experience for those people logging tickets with the Service Desk team.
Their primary focus will be on four core activities:
* Single Point of Contact: provide a single point of contact for Service Desk customers, keeping their tickets up to date at all times.
* Resolution: provide triage for incidents and service requests, delivering resolutions in line with a predefined list of 1st line activities.
* Ticket Escalation: escalate incidents and service requests to 2nd and 3rd line teams, providing detailed notes and updates when necessary. Identify and escalate Priority 1 & 2 and Major Incidents to SDM.
* Communication: maintain and update support tickets to assist diagnosis. Provided 2nd and 3rd teams with detailed information to assist resolution, keeping customers informed of developments.
* Administrative Tasks: undertaking defined administrative tasks to include New Starter and Leavers, building and issuing laptops and mobile phones, plus asset management.
1st Line Service Analyst Duties will include:
* Determine the full scope of the customer's issue through triage, providing detailed notes as prescribed by the Service Desk processes
* Provide resolutions and workarounds
* Escalate tickets that cannot be resolved by 1st line, providing detailed notes prior to escalation
* Work with other members of the Service Desk team to assist them in the resolution of tickets
* Identify priority tickets and inform SDM of Major Incidents or Priority 1 and 2 tickets as defined by Service Desk SLAs
* Maintain support ticket updates to assist diagnoses and repair of complex issues and provide 2nd and 3rd line teams with detailed information to assist resolution
* Undertake New Starters, Movers and Leavers as prescribed by Service Desk processes. Undertake building and issuing laptops and mobile phones as prescribed by Service Desk processes
* Undertake administrative tasks such as maintaining asset register, requesting purchase orders and maintaining financial cost information. Undertake daily system checks
* Work with the SDM to identify service improvement opportunities, assisting in the promotion of a Continual Service Improvement culture
* Ensure technical and procedural documentation is accurate, including knowledge base
* Act as Escalation point for customers and, where necessary, escalate to other members of the Service Desk team, including SDM
* Maintaining daily communications with customers to ensure follow up and resolution of tickets
* Procurement of equipment
* Undertake resolution of incidents and service requests in line with SLAs.
* Inclusion in Service Desk rota.
Some travel to other offices that are not reachable via use of public transport will be required so a full UK driver's license is essential.
1st Line Service Analyst Skills & Experience:
* Previous experience in an IT service desk environment
* Good technical knowledge of IT software and systems
* Excellent organisational skills with ability to manage a busy workload
* Focused on delivering excellent client service
* Positive Attitude to Work- Approaches work with positivity and energy and thrives in a busy environment.
* Effective Communicator- Clearly conveys information and ideas through the relevant media. Speaks in Plain English.
* Self Aware- Recognises personal strengths and weaknesses and uses that knowledge to interact positively with others. Maintains a professional impression.
* Team Player- Actively participates as a member of a team. Develops and maintains relationships with others.
* Resilient- Functions effectively under pressure and handles difficult circumstances in a manner that is acceptable to others and Royds Withy King.
* Open to Change- Receptive to new ways of working with the ability to be flexible in approaching tasks and problems.
Royds Withy King is a UK Top 100 law firm with robust commercial, private client, personal injury and clinical negligence practices. It has the combined expertise of over 480 staff across offices in London, Bath, Oxford and Wiltshire and is a founding member of the international network of independent law firms, Interleges.
Royds Withy King uses its experience to put clients ahead of the curve and places client relationships at the heart of everything it does. Royds Withy King achieved eight top tier rankings in The Legal (Apply online only) and 39 lawyers were ranked as 'Leaders in their Field' in Chambers & Partners UK 2018, both leading guides to the law.
The firm is proud to be ranked for the last five years as a Sunday Times 100 Best Mid-Size Company to Work for. Royds Withy King also received a three star 'extraordinary' accreditation from Best Companies in 2017 - one of just six UK law firms to have done so