I am delighted to be supporting our client with their search for a Product Manager to join their growing Biotechnology Team.
The Product Manager will support the Head of Biotechnology in liaising with external partners and subject matter experts. The role will play a key part in identifying and developing new product and market opportunities for this disruptive technology and creating funding proposals to aid the development of future applications of airborne pathogen detection technology, in a post-pandemic world.
This role serves as a recognised internal voice for the strategic product marketing direction for the company's biotechnology products specifically as it relates to market analytics, competitive analysis, marketing communications, sales channel support and customer engagement. This role will establish and execute best practices and processes related to product management to achieve a market-leading position.
The position will require extensive exposure to external stakeholders including technology development partners, key customers and end-users. Internally the role will have interaction and a key influencing function with new product development, operations and commercial personnel.
Key Responsibilities & Duties will include:
* Identify and develop constructive partnerships with key opinion leaders and customers in various biological detection markets to establish a leading market position for the company.
* Help define product strategy and product roadmap development for the biological detection existing and future product portfolio in conjunction with the Sales, Programmes and NPD teams. Establish a differentiated, leading and sustainable position in the market.
* Facilitate ideation sessions with team members from various backgrounds.
* Create proposals to funding opportunities to help resource the development of products and technologies.
* Help establish new product development priorities and provide guidance to the new product development process from concept stage through launch.
* Establish and ensure the execution of quantitative business analysis processes enabling data-driven strategic planning. Build deep market and application insights through close analysis of end-user requirements, market developments and competitor product strategies through trade shows, customer visits and desk research.
* Develop clear marketing communications content and strategies for digital and conventional channels including customer-facing product and application materials, digital marketing, website content, trade show product and corporate brand messaging.
* Provide product management direction during key customer engagements and help support contract negotiations with potential customers.
Essential skills and experience
* Degree in a relevant subject (ideally biomedical / biotechnology).
* Minimum 3-5 years' experience working in a customer-facing role
* Experience in working in a scientific or engineering business
* Ability to work independently and develop new product delivery strategies
* Ability to problem-solve, critical thinking and a can-do attitude
* Excellent writing skills
Desirable skills and experience
* PhD level education
* Experience of writing funding proposals
* Experience with medical devices
* Willingness to travel within the UK and internationally