Group HSE Manager
Weston Super Mare
Competitive Salary + 24 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays + Company Pension + Death in Service Benefit (Once enrolled in Pension Plan)
Monday to Thursday, 8.30am to 5pm. Fridays Early Finish, 4pm (Some Flexibility required).
(Stay away occasionally required, as there will be some multi-site travel to various parts of the UK including Gloucester and Scotland).
Group HSE Manager required for leading manufacturer. This is a role with a great opportunity to leave your mark, through making improvements across the business.
The Successful Group HSE Manager will have experience of working within either construction or any manufacturing industry within an HSE Management role. Having a NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent is desirable. You will have hands on experience of conducting audits, investigations & root cause analysis, risk assessment and implementing/rewriting SOPs.
This is a great opportunity for an HSE Manager looking to take their next step in their career, to be part of a family ran business who is continuously growing and values their team.
The Group HSE Manager Role:
* Covering multiple sites across the UK, but primarily working from Weston Super Mare site.
* Establishing and maintaining H&S Management.
* Ensure risk assessments, method statements etc are kept up to date and adhered to.
* Review of documentation to ensure material supplied complies with legislation.
* Liaise and build relationships with local regulatory and statutory bodies.
* Establish and produce monthly H&S KPIs, identifying trends and problem areas with possible solutions.
* Completing COSHH assessments & be a key contact during inspections & audits.
* Ensure H&S training is proactively managed for both employees and on site contractors.
* Conduct occupational health and safety related surveys e.g. noise, lighting, exposure to chemical substances and makes associated commercial recommendations that benefit the business now and in the future.
The Successful Group HSE Manager:
* Experience of working within either Construction or Manufacturing industry within an HSE Management role, those with both will be at an advantage.
* You will have hands on experience of conducting audits, investigations & root cause analysis, risk assessment and implementing/rewriting SOPs.
* You will be a strong communicator from the Shop Floor to Director Level.
* Having a NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent is desirable, although those with a NEBOSH certificate are still encouraged to apply.
* A related degree in Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality Management or HSE will be advantageous.
* Previous experience/knowledge/understanding of Atex or working to ISO14001 is highly desirable