SEND Teaching Assistants - Kirklees
Supply Desk are currently recruiting qualified, resilient and caring special needs teaching assistants for a range of special needs schools in the Kirklees area. This role is to commence in March for with opportunities for both daily supply and long-term positions.
You can choose to support children with a range of special needs including Autism (ASD), Social Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH), Emotional Behaviour Disorder (EBD), Profound Multiple Learning Disabilities (PMLD), Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD), Moderate learning difficulties (MLD), Speech and Language difficulties (SpLD), Hearing impairments (HI) and Visual impairments (VI). You will help to ensure pupils in different age groups have access to the curriculum and make progression.
To be an ideal candidate for this role, you will need to be empathetic, calm and patient. Strong communication skills are also important in order to ease the process for the pupil. As well as being challenging, this role will also prove to be rewarding as you will be able to play an active role in making a difference in the pupils' progress.
**Competitive rates of pay**
Start date: from Monday 8th March 2021
• Supporting pupils in the classroom and around the school environment
• Strong knowledge of behaviour management
• Experience working in similar environments
• Valid DBS or willingness to obtain one through us
•Teaching Assistant CACHE Level 3 or NVQ Level 3 qualification
• On occasion, providing personal care for the students (this is desirable but not essential)
• Team teach trained or equivalent behaviour management certificate
• Makaton/BSL trained or experience of using it in practise
• PECS trained/experienced
• Experience of supporting SEN pupils such as ASD, SEMH, EBD, PMLD, SLD, MLD, SpLD, HI and/or VI
If you are interested in this role, or know of anyone else who might be, please send your CV to or call (phone number removed)