We have an exciting opportunity for a Foundry Manager to join a market leading company in the Derby area.
To provide leadership for the cast house ensuring continuous improvement and growth.Overall responsibility for production activities across the scrap yard, 4 production teams and scrap sorting operation.
1. Ensure the Cast House is manufacturing in line with agreed business plan.
2. Analyze KPI's and act upon data to ensure the Cast House is performing at optimum efficiency.
3. Produce necessary reports (verbal/written) as required.
4. Analyze processes and procedures and implement improvements.
5. Work with Maintenance Manager to develop proactive and planned maintenance/planned stops to impact productivity to a minimum.
6. Project owner for 5S and lean manufacturing within Cast House.
7. Ensure Health and safety is adhered, and improvements implemented.
8. Own and develop the P&L reporting of the cast house.
Environment, Health & Safety
1. Adhere to all PPE requirements.
2. Report any HSSEE issues to Shift Manager.
3. Be aware of Health and Safety obligations.
4. Be aware of Fire evacuation procedures.
5. Maintain high standards of housekeeping and assist in housekeeping audits.
6. Contribution to reporting of IFE's.
7. Incidents and investigations to be completed.
8. Training matrix updated and kept to a good standard.
9. Risk assessments / SOP`S audited and updated.
10. Monthly and weekly HSE management meeting.
11. Develop HSE safety committee team.
12. Be aware and adhere to the environmental permits and legal requirements.
13. Awareness of stress and metal health wellbeing support.
1. Be involved in Continuous Improvement activities as they arise.
2. Participate in overtime as required.
3. Maintain high standards of individual housekeeping and 5s.
4. Continuous improvements to the plant and surrounding areas.
5. Maintain high levels of quality to the customer.