Fully Remote Working! Competitive Salary DoE!
Bold. Energetic. Ingenious. Genuine. These qualities best describe employees who work for Ingevity. We believe it takes extraordinary people to create extraordinary results.
At Ingevity, we harness the bold spirit, innate curiosity and remarkable ingenuity of our people to develop innovations that purify, protect and enhance the world around us. Our products enable oil to flow better, crops to grow fuller, roads last longer, and ensure that the air we all breathe is cleaner.
Our new ambitious Vice President of CAPA Technology is already strengthening a world class framework and environment within our established site in Warrington, Cheshire where we can design, develop and launch a growing range of chemically based products to the UK & International markets - creating a 'Centre of Excellence' culture and a leading 'In-house' research, design, development and production environment.
In this newly formed role, the Tax Accountant sits within the US based Indirect Tax team and has responsibility for the indirect tax function within the UK and Europe with oversight of APAC compliance. This role will ensure corporate compliance with global indirect tax laws, including VAT, GST, and other miscellaneous indirect taxes. The successful candidate will be able to effectively manage multiple priorities with the ability to work independently, as well as part of a global tax team. How you will impact Ingevity:
What you need to succeed:
- Subject Matter Expert on Indirect Tax Law, managing senior consultants' preparation of all indirect tax filings and managing the accuracy of data from SAP and other sources/systems.
- Ensure tax software (Vertex) is accurately capturing all data necessary to ensure accuracy in reporting indirect tax filings.
- Review monthly, timely processing of outsourced VAT and take responsibility for their accuracy.
- Proactively prepare, gather, analyze and format materials to defend and support VAT, and refund filings.
- Prepare monthly indirect tax account reconciliations including resolution of identified discrepancies.
- Research and respond to external taxation issues and questions from taxing authorities:
- Anticipate, resolve and make recommendations as applicable.
- Identify tax savings and exposures and effectively communicate such findings.
- Ensure company maintains compliance in all countries by tracking all forms of tax related to this area, to comply with individual taxing jurisdiction requirements.
- Conduct special tax research projects, such as research on proposed transactions, reaching appropriate conclusions and applying authority to support conclusions.
- 10-15% international travel may be required (as appropriate)
- Degree qualified and with either ACCA/ACA or CTA qualifications.
- Strong track record of success working within a corporate finance, tax or accounting function.
- Clear, demonstrable understanding of VAT compliance both in the UK and EU.
- Ability to resolve complex VAT compliance issues and recognize the need for internal or external subject matter expertise.
- Self-starter with strong accounting, analytical, creative problem-solving and project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management in an organization.
- Experience with ERP systems (e.g., SAP) or indirect tax software/ tax research sites.
Standard benefits will include: an annual bonus scheme, 27 days holiday (plus public holidays), a contributory pension scheme, private medical insurance, employee assistance & wellbeing programme, plus a range of other subsidised benefits and employee value initiatives.
Along with the above, we provide and pride ourselves on our organisational culture and working environment - providing a people-centric, lifestyle-balance approach. The work can be intense and incredibly fast-moving; however, we provide several great working practices and a fully supportive, employee-engaging and inclusive environment.
Interested? We thought you might be, and we're so glad you want to help us shape the future of Ingevity in the UK. Apply Now!
At Ingevity we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our communities.
Ingevity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex, and sexual orientation.
Applicants who are offered employment may be subject to background checks as permitted or required by company policy or applicable law.
Ingevity is committed to respecting your data privacy, to further understand how Ingevity uses your data please visit our website.