Timeplan are working with a number of Secondary Schools in Ealing who are looking to secure a pool of local Cover Supervisors to help assist with sickness and absence cover on a daily supply and longer-term basis. This role will start in April 2021 and will be ongoing on an adhoc basis.
A Cover Supervisor's main objective is to oversee the smooth running of all lessons during the school day including:
- Supervising the cover work set by the absent teacher
- Ensuring the children have the required resources and knowledge to complete the work set by the teacher
- Managing the behaviour of pupils during the lesson to ensure all work is completed to a high standard
- Dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies
- Collecting completed work after lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher/department.
- Experience of working with children within a school setting (Ideally secondary)
- Strong classroom presence and ability to manage behaviour as and when needed
- Ability to build a rapport with children, staff and parents
- Bachelor's Degree/Equivalent (not essential)