Do you want to join the leading independent provider of utility networks?
BUUK Infrastructure know that our greatest asset is our staff, and we are a company that our people feel proud to be a part of. The passion and commitment shown by every member of our team allows us to succeed in our mission statement - "To deliver consistently high-quality service to customers to earn their long-term loyalty to BUUK."
GTC are part of a family of companies owned by BUUK Infrastructure group and we are currently recruiting for a Compliance and Development Manager.
The incumbent will be skilled and knowledgeable within the gas below 7 bar engineering and gas metering discipline. The post holder shall ensure gas engineering legislative compliance in network fitness for purpose in construction, maintenance, asset adoption via engineering audit and assessment regimes.
With the continual growth of the Company asset portfolio and ageing of existing asset, the Compliance and Development Manager shall support the continued fitness for purpose of gas networks for both new build and mature infrastructure. In support of asset integrity, the incumbent shall be responsible for the continued professional development of professional engineering personnel within the business in addition to ensuring succession planning and sustain a competent compliment of engineering personnel within own team.
The post holder will be instrumental in business change initiatives and champion initiatives across the business stream, gaining acceptance from key stakeholders, challenging inappropriate behaviour and coaching managers in people management issues; additionally, need to identify and consider the implications for change and facilitate the formulation of business plans which quantify and manage business risks.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to take the next step in their career and join a company that has been recognised as a Great Place to Work®.
The post holder will also be responsible for the following:
* Professional interaction with the Health & Safety Executive, Local Authorities, Highways authorities, Suppliers, Contractors, industry forums and other utility asset owners
* Ensure subcontract services and direct labour deliver projects safely and working with the management team, establish supply strategies to maximise value across all projects
* Understand the market's growth opportunities and working with the management team, develop and support commercial strategies and practices to exploit and develop/enhance the businesses market's position
* Be responsible for the development of personnel within team
* Work closely with various Company departments to develop project programmes from enquiry through to adoption to fully meet customer requirements
* Identify and deliver strategies to deliver work within project budgets
* Be creative in finding solutions to resource / schedule problems to maintain project programme
* Proactively report resource concerns at appropriate times in project programme to avoid short notice problems
* Maintain business vigilance in complying with GSMR Safety Cases
* Review and maintain Company Policies and Procedures relating to asset integrity and engineering personnel technical competency
* Maintenance of gas network infrastructure
* Manage load shedding and national emergency activity and testing
* Represent GTC on industry committees and forums
* Manage competence of engineering personnel in network or emergency events
* Manage Graduate development programme
Along with a rewarding working environment we offer a competitive starting salary, pension and life assurance. We offer 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (plus the opportunity to purchase more through our flexible benefits scheme), corporate perks (reduced cinema tickets and discounts at high street shops), wellbeing assistance (24-hour helpline and counselling service) and a social calendar with events taking place throughout the year. Our Woolpit office also has staff car parking and a subsidised restaurant available on site.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss the role in more detail, please contact the Resourcing team on (phone number removed) for an informal discussion in confidence. Alternatively, you may email any questions through to our recruitment team - details can be found on our website.
Due to the current on-going Coronavirus pandemic, we understand there may be questions about working from home and our offices. BUUK and its group carefully monitor government guidelines and are proud to operate COVID secure offices.
We currently offer a mixture of office and remote working for positions where possible and are taking precautions to ensure all of our staff are safe. Please don't hesitate to contact us to discuss this further