An opportunity has arisen for a Quality professional to join the Meteor Product Assurance team. This role will be responsible for managing a small Product Assurance team and its associated activities. This is an exciting time to join the Meteor team, with 6 partner nations having already received their Meteor deliveries and export contracts now being the main focus, plus missile development for future platforms.
Meteor provides a unique scope of work with major equipment suppliers across the six original partner nations. As we win Export contracts to more countries in the future, this work will expand.The Role
What's in it for you?
- You will be the Quality Authority, ensuring your team provides assurance of quality for the Meteor project. You will also work with international partners and National Companies to achieve common quality goals for the Project. You will provide the focus and co-ordination of Business Improvement activities across the project.
- Ensure MBDA and our Customer complies with contractual requirements (technical and non-technical), whilst assuring homogeneous management processes among partners and Operational Companies, and adherence to the MBDA Business Management System
- Be the formal interface with the UK Customer and Export customers, for all Quality related issues.
- Advise bid managers/win team leaders of acceptable quality requirements in the preparation of tenders or in response to customer enquiries. Negotiate Quality-related conditions of contract with all customers.
- Ensure adequate flow-down of Quality requirements to sub-Contractors according to programme requirements. Instigate surveillance planning and monitoring to provide ongoing assurance. Be the project Quality Authority in dealings with supplier issues.
- Manage the multinational customer interfaces for Quality Assurance. Maintain regular dialogue with local and Project quality representatives and minimise impact of customer concerns on project teams. Lead and co-ordinate all activities devoted to achieve and improve Customer Satisfaction on quality related issues.
- Establish, review and maintain Quality Plans for all Meteor contracts including the definition of the quality and process requirements across the six nation multinational project plus any additional export contracts. Support the Project team in developing cost effective project planning in support of all contractually required conditions, whilst meeting MBDA policy and process. Develop local processes and procedures to optimise project control. Assure Project Directorate continuous control on product quality targets achievement, by means through an independent periodical reporting.
- Assurance that contractual requirements (technical and non-technical) are demonstrated in order to certify the compliance of the deliveries according to requirements.
- Direct support from the Quality assurance resources for the measurement of project performance. Deliver measures of process compliance to the project management team and the customer, providing assurance in meeting or exceeding contractual conditions.
- Facilitate business improvement through sharing and adoption of best practice. Lead aversion strategies for quality related risks within the Project. Define and recommend business improvement plans/activities providing cost benefit analysis of such plans.
You will be working in a high technology environment, supporting the project. You will use your influencing skills; coaching, mentoring and counselling. Your broad range of skills and expertise will get results in an effective, efficient and collaborate manner. You will play a key part supporting quality and process improvement initiatives, as we drive to maintain our reputation as a leading designer of missile and missile systems.
What's great about the team?
The team is actively involved in a wide range of activities and processes both nationally and internationally.
What are we looking for?
• Preferably degree educated, or substantial experience in Engineering and Quality Management
• Practitioner of current QA problem solving methods (8D, Six Sigma, DMAIC, etc.)
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages (PowerPoint, Word and Excel)
- Knowledge of the Quality Tools and an understanding of non-conformance management using SAP would be an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills are essential. You will be able to influence others in a collaborative way.
- Highly self-motivated and demonstrate a determination and persistence to deliver results despite obstacles and setbacks.
Position is based in Stevenage, but will require provision of support to design at other MBDA sites.
Some travel (both UK and international) will be required.
What would you get?
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn and Twitter. Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.