This is an exciting opportunity in a fast moving, unique, multi-national Function running the Company Industrial Policy and Supply Chain Management approach. The successful candidate will be responsible for the evaluation and development of an assigned portfolio of Major Equipment Suppliers to ensure Capability, Capacity and Performance against current and future Domestic and Export programme requirements.What are we looking for?
What's in it for you?
- Engineering or Business Qualification, preferably to Degree level plus CIPS post-graduate Diploma or equivalent and/or a significant track record of demonstrable experience/delivery within a supply chain arena.
- Experience of supply chain management in the Aerospace or Defence Industry or Manufacturing environments alongside Product and Process Risk Management.
- Good understanding of Project management principles practices and processes.
- Good commercial and financial understanding, including strong negotiating and influencing skills.
- Strong cultural awareness and sensitivity
We offer the opportunity to be involved in sophisticated international development programmes, delivering a critical element to facilitate delivery. This is a unique role that will provide visibility and experience across major equipments of missile and weapon systems, exposing the successful applicant to a range of complex and technologically advanced products and technologies.
The role sits within a multi-national department with equivalent teams in France and Italy, meaning we can offer opportunities to build international networks, travel and develop language skills. The ISP directorate are developing a Procurement Academy to support career development.What would you get?
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities!The Role
The primary objective of this role is to create a robust, sustainable and high performing Supply Chain focused on Continuous Improvement to maintain MBDA's ability to meet customer delivery for current and future programmes.
Here's what's great about our team
- Managing a portfolio of Strategic and Key suppliers you will lead cross functional activities to assess the Operational Performance and Business Capabilities of your suppliers. The role is a pivotal position that requires the ability to be able to engage and build effective relationships transversally at all levels as well as internationally.
- Support Project Industrial Manager for Supplied Equipment (IMSE) during the development phase, by providing a complete picture of Supplier Performance, Risk, Capability and Global Capacity.
- Generate Supplier Risk Profile through Risk Understanding assessment as part of the Supply Chain Risk Management process, determining a baseline maturity scorecard and create associated improvement and mitigation plans.
- Monitor Supplier Performance (On Time, On Quality) and its adherence to Operational demand during production.
- Manage preventive analysis against delivery performance: Conduct root cause analysis, in conjunction with Supplier, in order to address actual and predicted poor performance against OT and OQ targets.
- Develop Continuous Sustainable Improvement Plans (CSIP) and track improvement trend against baseline maturity score
- Ensure sustainability during potential ramp-up or ramp-down phase.
- Provide a project focused Supply Chain interface to collate Supplier Risk, Performance and Improvement metrics and report to wider stakeholder community.
- Support the Department Head in the development of standard methodology processes and tools. Promote and share these with both national and international colleagues.
We are a dynamic, growing and experienced team with a balance of technical and business professionals, which ensure that we cover the diverse range of skills required.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.