Finance Analyst / Management Accountant (12-18month fixed term assignment) | Spalding | 33,000 - £37,000The Opportunity
This is a broad and interesting position within an innovative, marketing leading Plc experiencing excellent trading and forecasting significant growth.
Your role sits within a divisional finance function, specifically supporting cost centre managers within the large IT function of the group.
You will enjoy a varied remit which has an attractive balance of business as usual monthly analysis, accounting and reporting alongside a range of bite-sized projects surrounding improvement and development.
- The core remit will include hands-on monthly and weekly reporting, journals / adjustments, fixed asset reporting, P&L analysis, business partnering cost centre managers, supporting with; forecasting and reviewing budgets / actual spend, capex proposals. The projects surround improvement of the mechanisms of reporting, automation of analysis and enhancing the presentation and relevance of the MI / monthly packs.
You will enjoy working with a broad range if internal stakeholders including non finance cost centre managers / budget holders and colleagues across group and site finance teams.
- The position is initially for 12-18months but there is significant scope for the right candidate to join the group on a permanent basis.
The role reports to a highly supportive, approachable and experienced Senior Finance Manager who is able to offer plenty of encouragement, training and guidance wherever required. You will also benefit from a thorough handover (the role is a result of an upcoming maternity leave).
You will work with talented and collaborative colleagues in a role that offers a rewarding degree of autonomy coupled with accessible support wherever needed. You will be:
- A confident finance professional with a baseline of core monthly management accounting experience.
- A hands on individual comfortable getting into the detail of month end (accruals / prepayments, reconciliations, recharges etc.)
- Someone who can proactively manage added value projects (designed to improve the speed, accuracy and presentation of reporting) alongside your routine monthly calendar of duties.
- Qualified / part qualified or qualified by experience.
- Someone confident working with a range of internal stakeholders and being able to support cost centre managers to understand their numbers.
- Able to undertake an 18 month fixed term assignment within a professional and expanding group in Lincolnshire.
If you have experience as finance analyst, management accountant or assistant MA level and are seeking a mid / long term interim assignment to begin swiftly we would welcome the chance to speak.