Project Financial Analyst - FTSE Technology
£45,000 - £55,000 + Benefits
Vitae Financial Recruitment are officially instructed to work with this global FTSE listed market leading and innovative technology business. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious newly / recently qualified accountant seeking a progressive role in a dynamic and fast moving environment where they can use their analysis, budgeting, forecasting and reporting skills to support the management and strategic planning of the business during an exciting period of rapid expansion.
You will work with a variety of stakeholders across many different levels and get the opportunity to be part of major decision making that affects key technology, project, innovation and investment decisions. You will also need to challenge the current ways of working and improve the financial process, ensuring they are aligned with the evolving business needs.
The role will also have responsibility for apart-qualified analyst and therefore offers a first move into management.
This would be a great role for someone genuinely interested in technology, project accounting and business partnering.
Responsibilities / Duties Include:
• Design and implement regular internal reporting / dashboards for spend, by stream and client, ensuring it is accurate, insightful and timely.
• Produce regular and accurate reporting on labour to enable effective management of resources and costs
• Provide support to and build effective relationships with Key stakeholders
• Support Senior Technology and Finance Managers in providing them with any ad hoc analysis required across multiple projects
• Responsible for budgeting staff capitalisation for all internal and external heads by client, by stream and by site
• Responsible for budget commentary and review within Technology
• Ensure all costs capitalised against technology development capex adhere to technical accounting guidelines and are recorded accurately in the accounts
• Provide appropriate detailed analysis and variance commentary to Finance Managers and Head of Finance
• Review capitalisation rates for internal staff and contractors
• Carry out impairment review on internally capitalised staff time through liaising with Senior Technology Management and Fixed Asset Accountant
• Key contact for liaising with external auditors on key project and staff capitalisation audit deliverables in a timely manner
• Ensuring all processes, policies and assumptions are documented clearly
• Identify opportunities and improve processes to ensure all capitalisable project costs are captured
• Maintain and enhance controls around project lifecycle: initiation/approvals, setting of budgets, set up and maintenance of timesheet codes, purchasing processes, accurate reporting and project go live/completion
• Liaise with Fixed Asset Accountant to provide all necessary information on the status of project
What we are looking for:
• Newly / recently Qualified CIMA / ACA/ ACCA accountant
• Minimum 2:1 degree and other strong A-Levels
• Experience of reporting, period management, analysis and commentary
• Experience of budgeting and forecasting
• Experience of strong business partnering
• Advanced Excel skills
AGY - Vitae Financial Recruitment
We Exist To Be Different - Membership NOT Registration