Job title: Prime Brokerage & Financing Risk Manager
Corporate Title: Associate
Department: Market Risk Management
Nomura's Financing Risk team is responsible for the risk management and mitigation of contingent counterparty risks arising from the bank's financing and derivative portfolios. The team manages collateral and contingent risk for several businesses, including Prime Services and Repo Financing. The team also provides risk and margin analysis for OTC derivatives trading with Hedge Funds and other counterparties. While the function sits within the Market Risk department, the Financing Risk team works very closely with Front Office and Credit risk to ensure that the bank's exposures to its counterparties are within firm risk appetite, and takes action to collateralize these exposures where they are not.
Role Description / Areas of responsibility:
The primary focus will be the Prime Brokerage and Financing Businesses, with extended responsibilities supporting risk and margin analysis for fixed income derivatives trading. Specifically, the responsibilities include:
* Working with Prime Brokerage business & Credit Risk to analyse & approve client margin rules and setting risk limits;
* Monitoring Prime Brokerage client portfolios vs. key metrics and taking resolution action when risk is outside firm appetite;
* Client pre-trade risk analysis of financing and OTC trades to support approval decisions;
* Quantitative counterparty risk exposure analysis for Financing & derivatives trading, including VaR Margin and regulatory bilateral margin rules;
* Present views of contingent risk to Credit Risk, Front Office and in various management forums
* Aid development of globally consistent analytics & reporting standards;
* Subject Matter expertise in other relevant regulatory rules such as the Leverage Ratio, LCR, and NSFR.
Key objectives critical to success:
* Form an understanding of existing Nomura risk policies, methodologies and systems; give input on potential improvements and business development;
* Build a network of contacts across risk management, Global Markets and support functions;
* Demonstrate flexibility to operate across separate business lines within the Financing Risk space
* Proactive, problem solving
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required:
* Broad knowledge of a range of asset classes and their derivatives
* Knowledge of Prime Brokerage and/or financing businesses
* Excellent Presentation and communication skills
* Appreciation of client business and motivations
* MS Excel to expert level
* Good general knowledge & understanding of current macro-economic trends
* Ability to work independently, motivated to learn, and drive for success
* Previous experience in Prime Brokerage, Market Risk, or a Financing Risk division
* Previous experience in fixed income derivatives & cash products
* Programming Skills e.g. VBA, SQL, Python etc.
* Further Financial Education e.g. CFA, MBA, etc.