Axon Moore are delighted to be recruiting for an Internal Audit Assistant to join one of Warrington's fastest growing, highly acquisitive businesses on a Fixed Term Contract for up to 12 months.
Reporting to the Internal Audit Manager your responsibilities will be as follows:
- Support with the co-ordination of the Internal Audit teams' activities across the business and maintain an accurate database of locations/date and results history.
- Support in the production of policies and procedures across the business with input from key stakeholders.
- Co-ordinate adhoc, monthly and quarterly updates and panels with the Internal Audit team ensuring effective delivery and actions are covered.
- Conduct follow up reviews on reports and data to monitor the adequacy and effectiveness of management actions.
- Maintain Safety Cloud systems ensuring support and training is provided to users, all sites are onboarded, and Audit Reports are issued in a timely manner.
- Capture feedback from Safety Cloud users and network with the provider and their developers to support in the development and advancement of the software.
- Manage the data mining software, tracker and co-ordinate actions, investigations and deliver business updates as a result of the findings.
- Network with Managers and Support Centre teams to enable the solutions identified to be implemented.
- Support in the production and maintenance of SLA's for activities within Internal Audit.
- Suggest changes to the content of the approved workplan based on perception of newly identified risks.
- Support in the review of health and safety management across the business portfolio and maintain the compliance software, Safety Cloud, to a high standard.
- Act as an objective source of independent advice for colleagues and the businesses.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and best practice, consulting on the adequacy and appropriateness of the company policies as and when required.
- Liaise with the Business Systems team and the Regional Service Centres to obtain useful data for analysis and interpretation. Liaise with external auditors and representatives of businesses, maintaining a professional and productive working relationship.
- Assist with the development and effective operation of the Internal Audit team through innovative ways of working and sharing best practice.
- Maintain awareness of latest regulation changes and updates affecting the sector which may warrant an update in local policies.
- Foster effective working relationships within the Internal Audit team, other colleagues and employees across the business.
- Perform any other tasks deemed appropriate by the Internal Audit Manager to support the business.
To be considered for this role you must have the following:
- Minimum two years working within an Administration and Compliance environment, or similar role
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Use of audit software to document and report on audits.
- Health and safety qualifications and/or experience of working within a health and safety environment is highly desirable
- Performed and/or observed stocktakes at a similar business.
- Familiarity with data analysis techniques/software
- Full Driving Licence
- Highly organised.
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and compile detailed reports
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to build relationships quickly and influence at all levels in the business.
- Ability to negotiate and influence, sometimes in a setting that is unresponsive or hostile to audit findings.
- Ability to make judgements and propose actions in the context of complex systems and risk and materiality of findings.
- Good time management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines whilst managing competing priorities.
As well as a salary of up £25k DOE, there is also the potential that this role could become permananet after the FTC has been completed. This is a fast moving position so apply now for immediate consideration.