Are you a forward thinking and hardworking software engineer who is passionate about creating high quality software and looking to take your career to the next level?
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a team at MBDA UK that is starting an exciting phase of redefining the way we develop and deliver software, putting our engineers at the heart of this transformation whilst developing software that facilitates testing across the whole of the MBDA UK product portfolio.We invite you to apply; we are a team with a great balance of new ideas and in depth experience which promotes a highly dynamic working environment.The Role
In this role you will be:
What's in it for you?
- Designing and developing Test Equipment software to test world leading complex missile systems and sub-components;
- Working with a wide range of teams and partners across MBDA to deliver test software capability of products from early concept to production;
- Exploring and experimenting with new implementations and technologies to meet the ever ambitious customer requirements
- Challenging and implementing real change when opportunities arise in the way the software is developed both within test software and the wider software community
- Embracing Agility and delivering value to the company giving you are real sense of achievement
- Working in a Software Engineering office / lab environment engaging with test equipment and electronic circuitry.
What's great about the team?
- Chance to join a friendly, motivated team and play a part in its evolution.
- A department supporting the whole product portfolio throughout the entire engineering lifecycle will give you the platform to significantly increase your engineering skills and knowledge.
- To input and craft how Software is developed at MBDA by introducing new development techniques and tools
- Working closely with our colleagues across the UK, France and Italy may also present the chance for travel to other sites. We also have a secondment scheme between France and the UK, for those who might be interested.
- Taking part in special interest groups and communities to improve the way we not only develop but also deliver software.
- Great personal development opportunities through various learning and development initiatives to keep your skills at the forefront of software engineering.
- An encouraging working environment enabling you to grow your career in a company with expanding horizons.
What are we looking for?
- The UK Test Software team is a multi-disciplined, dynamic, focused and agile team of about 50 engineers specialising in all aspects of Test Solution design, including hardware, software and embedded real-time systems. Making it a great place to learn about the company's entire product range.
We are keen to expand our team with the right people that complement and enrich our culture while empowering our exciting transformation initiative. We want to learn from new people and are passionate about building robust teams. We therefore invite self-motivated, passionate, adaptable and proficient software engineers to apply for this role.
Previous software engineering experience in the development of test solutions, along with:
What would you get?
- Strong ability to write software in C / C++; experience with C# and scripting languages would be an advantage to our future strategy.
- A good understanding of automation, continuous integration and DevOps principles and practices
- Proactive and able to take ownership of the software development.
- Great communication skills with a strong motivation for collaboration.
- Previous experience working in an agile development team.
- A strong understanding of what is required to build high quality software whilst supporting quality practices.
- Knowledge of electronics measurement and debug techniques using equipment such as oscilloscopes and spectrum analysers
- Understanding of communications and serial interfaces such as RS422, RS485, Modbus, CAN and 1553
- Can articulate the benefits of key software craftsmanship practices like unit testing and good design
- Someone who is comfortable with change and understands the importance of continuous improvement within a modern software development team.
- Experience of Test Driven Development within a software engineering context and comfortable with practices like pair programming and lightweight design modelling
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn and Twitter. Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.