Residential Conveyancing Paralegal or Legal Secretary Alresford & Winchester, Hampshire Office based - Permanent, Full time
This well-established and reputable firm operate from lovely situated offices in Hampshire alongside other offices across the region. The firm deals with a range of value of residential property and development transactions for a range of clientele.
They are looking to recruit a Paralegal or experienced Legal Secretary to join their highly regarded Residential Property team, to provide support and assist the conveyancing team on buying and selling houses and flats, purchasing property for investment, protection of investments, re-mortgaging, transfers of property title. Duties will include land registry applications, collating documents, chasing replies and instructions, and preparing title packs.
Please note that this role is split between the firms Alresford and Winchester office, therefore and driving license and car is requires.Key Responsibilities
Skills and Experience
- Assisting fee earners with residential property matters to include freehold and leasehold sales and purchases, shared equity/shared ownership, new homes and part exchange.
- Prepare correspondence and documents to include audio typing using digital dictation.
- PA duties including diary management.
- As appropriate, running a small caseload of matters independently.
- Working directly with clients and partners to ensure a seamless service.
- Assisting with post exchange aspects of purchase and sale transactions and seeing them through to completion.
- Assisting with all aspects of post completion matters including title registration and SDLT (Stamp Duty Land Tax) returns.
- The candidate should have an understanding in assisting/handling residential conveyancing matters with at least 3 - 5 years + experience of working in a property department in a law firm.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with some previous experience of drafting and effective management of client expectations.
- Capable of taking direction from senior members of the team and implementing appropriately.
- Willingness to get involved and act as a team player on client matters and provide general departmental support.
- Advanced IT skills using a case management system with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Great speed typing skills.
- Excellent file management skills and able to work efficiently under pressure.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and reliable; capable of meeting financial targets.
- A personable and confident manner.
- An organised and accurate approach to work, with effective prioritising skills.