Southbank International School is London's leading IB world school. With over 70 nationalities, our beautiful Hampstead campus educates 210 children from the ages of 3 - 11. With a liberal ethos, an emphasis on academic excellence and a commitment to the values of the IB, Southbank offers the opportunity to further extend your teaching and learning skills in a friendly, supportive but hard-working team.
Southbank offers a Suzuki violin and cello programme for students aged 5 years and older. The school is committed to encouraging all children from 5 years to learn a musical instrument as a curriculum subject and using the Suzuki philosophy. The Hampstead campus is looking for a Suzuki violin teacher to teach group and master class lessons from 08.00 - 15.00 on Fridays during term time. There is also the opportunity to teach private students from 15.30 - 16.30 and at our Kensington campus from 15.30 - 17.30 with the flexibility to choose a preferred day.Main Duties:
- Prepare students for school concerts or other performances as required
- Liaise with the Music Coordinator
- Attend meetings/training/concerts/school events as required by the Music coordinator or the school
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with parents
- Complete two written yearly school reports on the progress of each student that is included in the music report
- Optional: Teach private violin lessons during the school term for levels ranging from pre-twinkle to Book 4.
The School is unable to offer Tier 2 sponsorship for this role. Please ensure that you already have the legal right to work and reside in the UK.Please note we do not accept CVs for this role
. Further details regarding the role can be found in the candidate brief.
When returning your completed application form please ensure that your application form is saved as Surname, First Name - Job Role.Closing date for applications xx
Cognita Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed.