Senior Software Engineer - Cambridge - £50,000 - £60,000pa
A Cambridge based, key supplier of specialist instrumentation is currently seeking a senior embedded software engineer to join their NPI team. You will be the expert in developing software for new technology. Their in-house Engineering department is responsible for developing unique and innovative products for industrial uses. You will work in a small cross functional team consisting of mechanical, electronic and software engineers focusing on specific new product introduction projects.
* Strong experience with C/C++ development, primarily for embedded systems, but GUI and API development is advantageous.
* Experience with microcontroller programming on a range of processors, ARM, PIC, AVR etc.
* Experience writing device drivers for low-level serial comms - SPI, I2C, UART etc.
* Basic knowledge of electronics - You will be expected to work with schematics, data-sheets and interface to hardware.
* Experience with embedded Linux development is advantageous as is Yocto experience