Moorgate Benchmarks' mission is to enable index providers and product issuers to create new products that deliver true choice to all investors. Experts in designing, managing and calculating indices for clients; streamlining operations using leading-edge technology; and implementing best practice governance systems to meet EU Benchmarks Regulation, the firm is challenging an industry ripe for disruption. The company is a regulated benchmark administrator under the EU BMR and will become regulated under both it and the UK BMR post-Brexit.Role
Moorgate Benchmarks calculates and manages indices on behalf of product issuers, investors, index providers and others, and provides administration, legal recognition and endorsement services to other index providers. The successful applicant will support these activities through:
- Ongoing administration and maintenance of both internal and external governance policies and procedures.
- Ensuring the smooth running of the Governance function.
- Attending and minuting various committees that oversee the activities of the company and its clients.
- Supporting management's monitoring of the company's and its clients' compliance with policies and procedures, and of compliance with external regulation.
- General administration support of the company's key governance staff, including its Chairman and CEO.
The role reports to the Head of Governance & Compliance and offers the opportunity to join a young, dynamic and growing firm that has ambitious plans for growth and development. It will also allow the successful applicant to develop knowledge of financial services regulation.Key Responsibilities
- To provide administrative support to the company's Governance & Compliance function. This will involve:
- Managing the company's compliance and governance documentation, updating and amending this as directed and developing initial draft documentation (as required.)
- Ensuring time-critical tasks are carried out to schedule, by creating and then operating a process to meet this requirement.
- Assisting in the work of the Compliance Monitoring function, tracking and monitoring compliance with regulations by the company and its clients.
- Managing agenda creation for, attending and minuting meetings and committees.
- Performing related secretarial functions such as arranging meetings and working with the team to ensure the compilation, maintenance and dissemination of meeting documentation.
- To provide administrative and office support to the Chairman, CEO and Head of Governance.
- This will include various administrative and secretarial tasks such a drafting emails/documents, travel booking, diary management, liaising with internal & external staff, stakeholders and service providers etc.
You are enthusiastic, self-driven, and very well-organised.
Necessary Skills & Qualifications:
- You are confident working in a fast-moving environment where priorities and tasks change regularly.
- You are happy to work with minimal supervision.
- Experienced administrator, ideally with a minimum of one to three years' experience within a finance, professional services or business-related function.
Valuable Skills & Qualifications:
- Excellent organisational skills, project and personal time management.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Highly competent in Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of the financial markets (especially indices & benchmarks)
- Financial services regulation - including the EU Benchmarks Regulation & UK SMCR.)
- A Bachelor's degree, equivalent qualification.
- Knowledge of Sharepoint, Redmine.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.