Within the Chief Customer Office, the Strategy & Experience team are responsible for running our portfolio of market leading brands, leading the development of our customer strategy, plans, and tools, to create superior end to end branded customer experiences, by ensuring each brand has its own, distinct personality and presence in market.
As part this remit the Brand Operations team work to protect and nurture our valuable brand assets and associated intellectual property, through robust and efficient strategies, governance and processes to embed best in class brand management and governance group-wide. We also lead the development of brand toolkits, processes and systems to create the infrastructure that supports organisational understanding and application of our brands.
Our culture follows clear principles, promoting a positive, collaborative and creative culture so you'd enjoy a diverse, innovative and energising place to work. We pride ourselves on our agile working culture and are open to flexible ways of working, whether working hours or location. It's worth knowing that your immediate team are all based in London, but we are part of a wider team that's spread across our London, Bristol and Halifax hubs.
As the Group continues to transform and the external landscape evolves, we are undertaking a review of our protection strategies and ways of working, to ensure we have robust and efficient processes in place to deliver them. We're looking for an experienced and strategically-minded Brand Intellectual Property subject matter expert to drive this thinking, implement a step change now, help us continue to evolve a best in class approach to protection and manage our ongoing brand intellectual property management activities on a day-to-day basis.What will you get involved in?
- Supporting an audit and review of our approach and risk appetite, to align to business strategy and benchmarking against competitors and best in class to sharpen our current strategies and standards.
- Designing and then managing our ways of working, processes and reporting to effectively triage workloads across internal teams and agency partners to manage our brand intellectual property activities including protection of rights and infringement monitoring.
- Shaping and delivering training and education to upskill colleagues and embed brand protection thinking in the organisation.
- Driving insights and horizon scanning capabilities and analysing them to get us on the front foot for future change.
Extensive knowledge in the field of brand protection or a legal qualification specialising in intellectual property, combined with strategic experience and an analytical mindset is critical, along with an adaptable stakeholder management style, with an ability to influence and drive change across different levels.
You'll need to have proven experience of protecting iconic and valuable brands, having worked within an in-house function at another large organisation, or at a law firm or specialist brand protection agency of consultancy. Although a background in Financial Services would be desirable, it's not essential.
Experience of risk frameworks and/or training and creating guidance materials or policies would also be useful.
Specifically, you'll be:
Sound like your kind of place?
- Someone with a strategic and analytical mindset, comfortable with analysing multiple insights or sources of data to draw conclusions and make action-oriented recommendations.
- A natural problem solver, with the curiosity and drive to spot opportunities for continuous improvement as well as more transformational change.
- Able to demonstrate an adaptable stakeholder management style - capable of consulting and collaborating, whilst also challenging and influencing to drive change and ensure governance or processes are followed.
- Have a 'test and learn' mentality and be willing to try new ways of working, learn quickly and keep improving things for others.
- Highly organised, capable of coping with ambiguity and changing workloads, able to work independently and prioritise your own time to make a difference.
In return, you'll enjoy our dedication to your ongoing personal and professional development. Here, you'll grow as a person and develop your career. As a valued member of our team, we'll support to grow and advance you through excellent training and progression opportunities. Our customers' experience and success starts with yours.
So if you'd like to be part of an inclusive, values-based culture focused on making a difference, we'd love to hear from you. Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, including performance-related bonus, private health cover, share schemes and a generous pension contribution, along with the option to choose an additional cash lump sum or pick from a wide range of industry leading benefits.
Together we make it possible - join us and you'll be part of an organisation that values your contribution and empowers you to make a difference.