Job Title: Financial Planning & Analysis Controller (FP&A Controller)
Hours: 38.75 per week - Monday to Friday Days
Salary: Up to £40,000 per annum.
Benefits: Pension: 6% employer, 5% employee, 28 days holiday (including statutory), death in service 3x annual salary.
Location: Elland, Halifax, HX5 9DA
Purpose of the Financial Planning & Analysis Controller role
The role has two purposes. The first is to be a Finance Business Partner for management and produce and analyse financial projections, performance and results in order to produce reporting to the management team and Executive Board.
In addition the role is to be the Financial Systems Manager, to develop and maintain the financial systems used by the Finance department throughout the Group. For this part of the role he/she reports to the Group Controller of the Group in the Netherlands to help develop and maintain the financial systems used by the Finance department throughout the Group.
The split of responsibilities will be approximately 50/50.
Responsibilities of Financial Planning & Analysis Controller role
Finance Business Partner:
• Prepare month end financial analysis for inclusion in board pack.
• Coordinate budget and quarterly forecasting process for the group.
• Weekly / Monthly cash flow forecasting.
• Proactively support the month-end accounting process by analysing, reviewing and investigating actual results versus budget, forecast and prior year.
• Provide regular reporting and insights to management on business performance.
• Building strong, long-term relationships with the parent company and other subsidiaries.
• Understanding of purchase and sales ledger.
• Assist with Finance department management duties.
• Individually provide crucial financial information for tenders and business decisions.
• Preparation and presentation of ad hoc reports and analysis.
• Assist in preparation of UK statutory accounts - including complex calculations such as deferred revenue.
• Work alongside external auditors at interim and annual audit visit.
• Create and maintain key financial KPIs and FP&A data.
• Provide high quality, accurate and in-depth statistical analysis and insights on the business performance to facilitate decision making.
• Prepare schedules and supporting documents for the auditors.
• Work closely with management team to develop and maintain complex budget and forecasting models.
Financial Systems Manager responsibilities
• Maintaining and expanding / testing the Consolidation system so that the reporting can be made timely and correctly by the Consolidation & Reporting and FP&A group.
• Based on the need of Consolidation and FP&A, develop the OneStream (Consolidation system) to meet the information needs of the organization.
• Link pin to the Data Science group to ensure the reliability of the data and definitions in our financial systems.
• Creating efficiencies within the Finance department (and others) through use of Excel formulas and macros.
• Development of Power BI reports
• Proactively seek to improve the processes and tools used in the budgeting, forecasting and cost analysis. Seek to streamline processes to ensure the timeliness and accuracy of reports and analysis.
• Building and maintaining Quantrix models.
• Supporting development / testing and implementation of D365.
People Management Responsibilities:
Responsible for 2 direct reports (Data Cleanser & Analyst)Key Result Areas
• Production, Analysis and ongoing maintenance of Financial information within the business in conjunction with the Finance Controller.
Standards of Performance
• Full understanding of business activities required in order to produce fully accurate and robust reports & projections.
• Undertake any other duties consistent with the purpose of this job.
Qualifications and Experience required for the Financial Planning & Analysis Controller
• Chartered Accountant Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACCA) or equivalent.
• Significant business experience in a financial role.
• The ability to work to tight deadlines, under pressure and with a sense of urgency.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Communications skills, both verbal and in writing, together with the ability to communicate at all levels.
• High attention to detail & analytical mind set.
• Excellent, high level / advanced Excel Skills.
• Good knowledge of other Microsoft Office - Outlook and Word.
• Experience with Working with large sets of data and use of Power BI
• Experience with consolidation systems and consolidation in general.
If you are interested in the above role please apply to this advert or call Paul on (phone number removed)