The Financial Planning & Analysis (FPA) department is responsible for budgeting, forecasting and decision support for the Securities and Banking Divisions of MUFG in the EMEA region. The mandate for the department is as follows:
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- FP&A's primary responsibility is to connect senior management's long term "strategic plan" to reality. The strategic plan is a top-down, senior management driven document that sets high-level targets (revenue, net income, core strategic initiatives, etc.) for the firm. Within MUFG this is articulated as 3 year mid-term-business-plans, dissected into annual budgets.
- FP&A partner with the business to develop the operating and financial plan required to achieve management's strategic plan. To keep the plans aligned to the current reality of our clients & markets we also are responsible for development of a rolling forecast, in parallel with the traditional budget
- As a key part of the forecasting process, FP&A conduct monitoring and variance analysis to show how the budget and/or rolling forecast compares against actual performance. This incorporates peer reviews, levying challenge and providing insight on opportunities to enhance shareholder returns.
- FP&A utilise financial data to advise management on decisions such as how to improve performance, minimize risk or capture new opportunities from both within the company and within the external environment. This includes analysis of historical financials, variance explanations, forecast with risks and opportunities to current plan, and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Decision support aims to provide the business and Executives with enough information to answer key questions from external stakeholders and to identify levers that can be pulled to optimize performance or meet certain goals.
- Participate in projects including:
- Capital allocation: How should the organization's capital be spent?
- Market research: Determining the size of a given market, leaders, laggers and potential opportunities in which the organization may have a competitive advantage.
- Organisational structure: providing support in Identifying potential acquisitions, integrations, internal reorganisations and divestitures.
- Process optimization: creating systems & workflow efficiency and leveraging developments in technology (BI, AI, RPA)
We have an exciting business partner role within our Financial Planning & Analysis team:
The successful candidate will be the lead business partner for Support Functions within EMEA and manage a small team of FP&A professionals supporting key divisions such as Finance, Legal, Compliance, Human Resources, Risk, Internal Audit and Change. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Business partnering with Support Divisions on all matters relating to forecasting, budgeting and financial decision support;
- Working closely with the relevant leadership team to formulate the business's medium to long term financial and strategic plan and partnering with Business Unit heads and business managers to build their annual budgets and forecasts. Evaluating previous budgets, expenditures to develop and implement future budgets;
- Producing models to project long term growth and determine the impacting business factors. Utilising Business Intelligence and planning tools to delivery meaningful insights into business performance. Provide insights to senior management around financial modelling, forecasts and profitability;
- Delivery of competitor analysis, market trends and associated commentary to the Leadership team;
- Analysing financial and operational results to better understand company performance and communicating to senior management the reasons behind the product/department performance and results. Provide detailed analysis and commentary on cost centre results;
- Reviewing operations and recommending new productivity or cost saving initiatives. Communicating results and recommendations to senior management for improvements that will lead to cost reduction, revenue generation and streamlining operations;
- Preparing business cases to support new investment, strategic and other business decisions
- Relevant experience in Financial reporting or analysis roles (essential)
- CFA, ACA or CIMA qualification (beneficial)
- Previous experience in managing a team (beneficial)
- Experience of working with stakeholders of all levels (essential)
- Experience with BI/reporting/planning tools (essential)
- Excellent communication skills
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- A proactive, motivated approach.
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Strong problem solving skills
- A creative and innovative approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical/numerical skills
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements.
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.