Procurement Category Manager - Mechanical Domain
Circa £55k with some flexibility plus bonus scheme (typically around 15%)
Excellent pension and flexible working scheme
The Business, a manufacturing organisation with a technology driven product offering is a true global leader in its sector, number 1 in Europe and boasting revenue of over £3b annually employing over 10,000 people. We are looking to appoint a Procurement Category Manager due to growth and to support the essential work delivered by a global Procurement and Supply Chain function responsible for procuring and managing the supply chain for direct and indirect products and services for both projects and the business. The total spend is approximately €500M per year across a European supply chain.
The role will see you playing a very significant part in the development of our supply strategy. This is a key role in shaping our supply strategy, delivering a progressive, efficient and cost effective category strategy through our supplier base but very importantly through and in conjunction with our stakeholder community. Key focus areas in the roles will be based around quality, on time and cost.
You will manage a multifunctional team in the sourcing and management of suppliers within the Mechanical Domain, undertaking strategic development, competitions, contract management, supplier relations management with the aim of supporting innovation and to ensure supply chain performance (On Time, On Cost, On Quality). The supply chain in scope is delivering a range of mechanical commodities such as but not limited to pressed metals, mouldings (polymers, carbon fibre), precision machining, castings, specialist fastener systems and more. The role will include the management of a small team of mid to senior level Buyers.
• Working as a business partner with your internal stakeholder to improve business outcomes
• Managing suppliers market risk and opportunities to support the business technology roadmap and production plan.
• The development and implementation of contracts and Frame Agreements
• Ultimately responsible for the supplier relationships, working with the business virtual category teams to deliver innovative and best in class suppliers to the Business
• Accountable for the supplier performance, principally around cost, quality and delivery
• Intelligently developing and deploying a range of sourcing strategies in cooperation with internal stakeholders
The role would particularly suite:
• Applicants that are experienced procurement professionals with a background in product based manufacturing with mechanical content.
• People with a proven capability of developing and executing procurement category strategies in a global / PLC organisation.
• Ideally degree qualified supported by MCIPS
Please note due to the nature of the role SC level security clearance will be required. We will only be able to process application for applicants that are British Passport holders due to security restrictions.
For more information or to apply please click the apply now button to submit your CV to Phil Bloomer of Procurement People, part of the Executive Network Group