Teacher - specialist school for children and young people with emotional behavioural and mental health issues.,
Full-time, term time: Mondays 8:30am to 5pm and Tuesdays to Fridays 8:30am to 4pm
A small, specialist school which provides education for children with emotional behavioural and mental health issues is looking for an unqualified teacher.
The school works in a therapeutic and nurturing way and the successful applicant will have previous experience of working with children with complex needs and challenging behaviour. You will need to be comfortable with teaching all subjects, emotionally resilient and excellent at building relationships with children who put up barriers and resist positive engagement.
The school has two sites, one in High Wycombe and one in Aylesbury and you will be required to work at both.
Initial and ongoing training will be provided.
Responsibilities of the role:
* Working with vulnerable pupils in an alternative education setting - leading activities and educational based work
* Teaching according to the educational needs, abilities and achievement of the individual students and small groups of students.
* You will adopt and work towards the implementation of the school development plan.
* Will be teaching across Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4
* Driving licence
* Minimum of grades C or 4 in Maths and English GCSEs
* Previous experience in working with young people on the Autistic Spectrum and / or with behavioural difficulties
* Curriculum knowledge of Maths, English and/or Science subjects and happy to teach across all subjects
Salary and Benefits:
* Competitive salary dependent on qualifications and/or experience
* Initial and ongoing training provided for personal and professional development
* Progressive Pay Scale
* Employee benefits such as store discounts, childcare vouchers and wellness programmes
* Company pension