Advantage Resourcing is seeking candidates for a Supply Chain Lead position, working with a leading defence and maritime organisation at a main office location in Portsmouth Naval Base.
This will be working on Warship support division of the business and will be for a 11 month contract position.
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering supply chain activities within the Operations/Ship Delivery Team within Warship Support.
The role includes the supporting of bids and the execution of the supply chain strategy and plans, as well as the engagement of internal/external suppliers & customers to ensure the smooth completion of the project's objectives. It is part of a buoyant and stable team supporting the ship repair activities of Royal Naval vessels in Upkeep and Fleet Time within Warship Support.
As a Supply Chain Lead your main responsibilities will involve:
* Using an ERP tool (IFS), source, negotiate and manage the procurement and or costing of Material in support of Ship Repair Projects.
* Support and/or prepare outputs and deliverables and select suppliers in association with the departmental procedures and systems.
* Support and/or negotiate all commercial, financial, quality and schedule elements for projects and any authorised changes in line with departmental procedures.
* Proactively support and deliver effective supplier management and delivery in line with the project's integrated schedule. Identify risks, opportunities and mitigation plans, implement accordingly.
* Act as the primary point of contact for assigned projects, suppliers and customers (internal/external).
As a Supply Chain Lead your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
* Proven experience of working with a Supply Chain or Procurement delivery focussed role.
* Strong IT skills, particularly relating to Microsoft Excel. Good level of numeracy and analytical ability.
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Stakeholder and Supplier Management experience
* Able to self-manage, use initiative and work well with others
* We are looking for candidates who possess experience of working within a similar role, have the drive and tenacity to deliver results and are flexible and adaptable to change.
* You will be an outstanding communicator with sound analytical, problem solving skills.
The internal reference number of this vacancy is 836740 however please apply using the application link using your CV.
Please note that due to the high number of applications it's not always possible to provide detailed feedback to all candidates, please accept my apologies for this
Advantage Resourcing is a service driven recruitment consultancy.