About the team:
The Operational Risk team provides specialist support and oversight of the Group risk and controls. The team works with all operational business areas and provide focused reporting into various Committees within the Group. They are proud to have such a wide range of skills, knowledge and experience within the team and this role provides a great opportunity to be part of a proactive team.About us:
The OSB Group is a leading specialist mortgage lender, primarily focused on carefully selected segments of the mortgage market. Our specialist lending is supported by our Kent Reliance and Charter Savings Bank retail savings franchises. Diversification of funding is provided by sophisticated securitisation platforms. OSB's unique cost-efficient operating model is supported by our wholly-owned subsidiary OSBIndia.What you will be doing:
The key purpose of this role is to provide support to the Operational Risk team in relation to research, data production, review and analytics and to co-ordinate the delivery of monthly reporting in relation to various committees ensuring data is provided in a timely manner and to a high standard.
Your responsibilities will include...
In return for your commitment:
- Provide support to the Group Operational Risk Director with the embedding of the Operational Risk Management Framework
- Provide support with the Operational Risk assessment process, as per the Corporate ICAAP requirements
- Support the business wide Risks and Controls Self Assessment activity
- Highlight new or emerging risks to support the maintenance of the Business Corporate Risk Register
- Monitor the Risk Event mailbox, ensuring that all events are reported, logged, monitored and where relevant are escalated
- Identify process improvements to enhance reporting efficiency
We offer a base salary dependent on experience of between £26-30,000 and a competitive benefits package including:
Could you be the one?
- Discretionary annual bonus opportunity of up to 15%
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension (8% employer 5% employee)
- Life Assurance (4x salary) plus Group Income Protection
- Access to Private Medical Insurance and Medical Cash Plan
- Additional benefits such as, Cycle Purchase scheme, Season Ticket Loan, Holiday purchase / sell schemes, Employee Perk Portals and Save as you Earn scheme
We are looking for talented individuals who have the experience and knowledge set out below:
What to do next
- Previous experience in an Operational Risk role, ideally within a financial services environment
- Up to date knowledge of FCA requirements and Regulatory frameworks
- Sound knowledge of Mortgage Regulatory frameworks
If this sounds like you, please apply now! For internal applications, please visit the internal careers page to apply.
Alternatively, if you wish to have an informal, confidential chat about this role, please contact us on .
If shortlisted from your initial application, we operate a personalised recruitment process. Interviews are a two way street, so we aim for them to be relevant and conversational, and get the best out of you!
As a combined group, we are dedicated to diversity in the workplace and we are committed to a policy of treating all our employees and job applicants equally. No employee or potential employee will receive less favourable treatment because of any protected characteristic. We provide a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process and pro-actively offer and make reasonable adjustments as and when required.
We recognise that flexible working opportunities can be of benefit to both employees and the organisation, improving work-life balance and enabling the business to attract and retain skilled and valued employees. Please speak to us about how this could work for you .
All applicants must have rights to work in the UK and be willing to undertake the relevant pre-employment screening checks should your application be successful.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications currently being received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.